B&Q is currently not looking to enter into any national charity partnerships and will review this position early in 2016.
We will however continue to support The Poppy Appeal through our partnership with the Royal British Legion this year. The Poppy Appeal is one of the nation's largest fundraising campaigns and each year, millions of people support The Royal British Legion's vital work supporting the armed forces community and their families by wearing a poppy.
Flanders Poppy seeds can be found on diy.com and in all UK stores. We donate £1 from each packet of poppy seeds sold to The Royal British Legion and Poppyscotland.
Although B&Q’s corporate partnership with BBC Children in Need ended this year, we continue to donate the full proceeds from the sales of our for standard carrier bags to the charity.
Charities should contact their local B&Q store directly to make requests about local fundraising. Find your local store.
Please note that B&Q does not support charity or community initiatives relating to:
- Political parties or causes
- Religious organisations whose principle aim is to propagate a particular faith or belief
- Charity advertising space, unless linked to an initiative supported by the Kingfisher Group
- Personal appeals by, or on behalf of individuals
In 2002, B&Q launched its payroll-giving programme; an easy and tax-free way for colleagues to support their favourite charities directly from their pay. To date our generous colleagues have donated almost £2 million.
B&Q became the proud owner of a Gold Payroll Giving quality mark in 2015.
Gold status is awarded to employers that achieve 10% or more colleague participation in Payroll Giving.
Almost 2,500 B&Q colleagues donate to charity via payroll meaning that for every 80p given, that charity receives £1 as the tax is claimed back.
Our colleagues are generously donating to over 180 different charities, amounting to a generous £160,000 each year.
- Through our partnership with Cancer Research UK we raised more than £930,000 between 2004 and 2008 thanks to generous customers and colleagues
- In 2009, our first year as a corporate partner to BBC Children in Need, we raised more than £70,000
- Also, in 2009, we raised more than £56,000 for Help for Heroes through our B&Q Sanctuary Garden at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the sale of a limited edition 'Help for Heroes' petunia mix