Green Softwood Base Rail (L)2400mm
[This is a block of tabs..]
- for forming one of the main structural elements of the balustrade and holds the infill correctly in place
- The rail is designed for use with the stop chamfer newel posts from the Traditional range. 5000473057438 & 5000473048214
- Solid finger jointed material
- Guarantee - 5 years
Features and Benefits
- Traditionally pressure treated to make sure product performs in exterior environment and lasts for years
- Rigorously tested by BM TRADA to guarantee structural performance
- Product satisfies all the necessary Building Regulations, as set out in the relevant British Standards
- A well-loved style, with the chamfered edges catching the light for added visual interest
- The rails add real character to any balustrade and are suprisingly quick and easy to fit
- Made from responsibly sourced, Forest Friendly timber
|Kiln dried||Kiln dried|
|Timber approval||FSC approved|
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Help & Advice
How to guides
A simple deck at ground level is a straightforward project – a perfect starting point if you're new to carpentry.
Before you start laying, check out our guide to planning your decking project. This covers everything from decking structures to board designs, and offers an essential introduction.
Our example is of decking that is:
- Laid on flat, soft and level ground
- Laid on the ground floor, not raised
- Not joined to a building
- Without any extra touches like a balustrade or decking lights
- Designed with the boards in a horizontal pattern
If you plan to lay decking that's raised, adjacent to a building or wall, or would like to add a balustrade, head over to our article on laying a raised deck for more information.
Ready to start with your project? Let's go...
Attractive and practical, decking is a great landscaping option for outdoor spaces of any size. It creates additional living space, distinguishing a special spot for socialising or relaxing. Decked areas help make the most of surfaces that are uneven or sloped so that no garden space is wasted, and work well as elevated terraces to offer garden interest at different heights.
Decking is ideal for zoning in large gardens as well as smaller spaces, such as balconies and roof terraces, where it can create the feel of an outdoor oasis in the midst of the city. Decking complements modern styles, as well as more rural or country gardens. And the natural feel of timber evokes the sensation of being waterside or by the beach - perfect for that American boardwalk look. In fact, if you have, or are looking to add, a hot tub or swimming pool to your garden, consider laying a decked border around it - we offer low-slip boards which are ideal for this very purpose.
So, whether you're tackling a small-scale decking project or something more substantial, we're here to help you find the right decking for you and your outdoor space.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000s of products
45 day returns policy
Arrange collection or return to store.Customer support team - 0333 014 3357
Free delivery on standard orders over £50
Excludes Large and Bulk delivery