Hive Active Heating Control Thermostat
- Home Delivery Order by 7pm (4pm Saturday & Sunday) for next day delivery.
- Click & Collect Order by 7pm (4pm Saturday & Sunday) for next day Click & Collect - Select store
- 45 day returns policy. Read our returns policy
[This is a block of tabs..]
- Control your heating from your mobile, tablet or laptop. The next generation Hive brings beautiful design, intuitive control & easy to use features. Hive works no matter who supplies your energy. Hive works with your existing heating system and because you’ll never need to heat an empty home again you could save each year on your energy bills
- Pack includes: Hive 2 Thermostat, User & Welcome Guides and 4x AA batteries
- App compatibility: iOS (7.1 or later), Android (2.3 or later), Windows Phone (7 or later) & Windows (8 or later)
Features and Benefits
Hive is a wireless thermostat that can be controlled at home or remotely from a mobile, tablet or laptop. With Hive you'll never need to heat an empty home again so you could save money on your heating bills each year. Set up to 6 heating schedules a day. Boost heating for up to six hours. Geolocation feature sends heating alerts when leaving or returning home. Holiday mode lets you tell Hive your holiday dates helping you to save energy whilst you’re away. Automatic Frost Protection helps prevent pipes from freezing when the temperature dips below 7⁰C. There’s no need to change energy supplier and Hive works on existing heating systems.
- The new Hive thermostat lets you control your heating at home or from your mobile, tablet or laptop - you can even send texts to change the settings if your internet connection drops
- Never heat an empty home again so you could save each year on your energy bills
- Hive works on your existing heating system
- Hive works no matter who supplies your energy
- Hive is a wireless thermostat with LED display
|Primary power supply||Thermostat - 4x AA batteries, Receiver/Hub - mains powered|
|Number of batteries||4|
|Programmes||Up to six heating events per day|
|Number of preset programmes||Comes with a default energy saving schedule|
|Override facility||30 mins to 6 hour boost|
|Automatic BST/GMT time change||Automatic BST/GMT time change|
|Minimum temperature range||5°C|
|Maximum temperature range||32°C|
|Straight line transmitter range||30m|
Help & Advice
BTU Radiator Calculator
Our BTU (British Thermal Units) calculator will help you to work out the heat requirement for your room, and recommend the number of radiators you will need to comfortably heat it.
What is a BTU?
A British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a measure of heat output from a radiator. Depending on the size of your room, the number and type of windows and what the room is used for, you'll need more or less heat. If you have a higher BTU requirement, it might be better to use more than one radiator to deliver the heat you'll need to a room. The total BTU output of several smaller radiators may meet your needs.
How do I choose the right radiator?
The BTU value of all our radiators is clearly labelled in-store and online, helping you find those which suit your requirements.
Step 4: View your results
How to guides
Pipes and fittings vary by home and by length, shapes and connectors. Thankfully, this is no longer a problem and there are lots of different solutions to make your pipework secure and reduce the risk of leaks.
Plumbing comes with a whole catalogue of specialist tools. If you're going to do the job, make sure you get the right ones.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000s of products
45 day returns policy
Arrange collection or return to store.Customer support team - 0333 014 3357
Free delivery on standard orders over £50
Excludes Large and Bulk delivery
ECO Button for energy saving - ECO button provides timed temperature setback to reduce energy demand System Control - heating and cooling functions from 5°C to 35°C Precise Temperature Control - typically accurate to within 0.5°C for maximum comfort Energy Efficient - uses TPI (Time Proportional & Integral) ...
The THR870 Programmable thermostat is designed to provide automatic time and temperature control of heating or cooling systems. Ideal for Combi-Boilers - two wire, volt free output connections are ideal for use with combi-boilers.