Philips Hue LED Smart Light Strips Starter Pack
[This is a block of tabs..]
This 2m pack of Phillips Hue Light Strips gives you the most flexible light source imaginable; attach them to any solid surface to light shelves, walkways, under your coffee table or around your favourite piece of artwork - the possibilities are endless. Simply use the adhesive tape to secure and plug in the power adapter to the mains.
- Comes with: 1x 2m Smart Light Strip & 1x Power Adaptor
- Hue lightstrips require a separate Hue Bridge to connect to your wireless network. Hue bridges can be purchased as part of the Hue lightbulb starter pack
- App compatibility: iOS (7.0 or later) & Android (2.3 or later)
Features and Benefits
Enhance your everyday life. Philips Hue can welcome you home. Wake you up. Get you energized. Make you feel safe. Improve your mood. Enhance your entertainment experience. It can even keep you informed about the weather or incoming calls. The possibilities are endless once you start exploring.
- Philips Hue can wake you up and help you energize, read, concentrate and relax. Customize your daily routines into moments you can enjoy. Set the mood. Change the ambiance. Feel the difference. Feel better. Set the right ambiance for any moment with a range of beautiful, natural white light. Use the app to set any shade of white light, from cool energizing daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Turn your everyday lighting into an extraordinary experience. Play with colours or sync lights with your music, TV and games for an immersive effect. The possibilities are endless once you start exploring. And with hundreds of apps to choose from, the only real limit is your imagination.
- Philips Hue welcomes you home and lets you control your lights from your bedroom to your backyard. You can automate your lights completely to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not. With geofencing technology, your lights can even welcome you home or switch off automatically when you leave your home. It’s all about simplifying your life and giving you peace of mind in smart and useful ways.
- Hue can be linked to data feeds via the IFTTT (If This Then That Service), to give you a visual alert when you get an important email, or let you know when something happens at home. Hue also works with Nest and Apple HomeKit.
- Hue light strips can be bent and cut to size so they can be used just about anywhere that has a hard surface. Additional length light strips can be bought separately - you can extend each kit by up to 10 metres if you want to.
|Colour description||16 million colours|
|Dimmable||Dimmable down to 5% via the app|
|Compatibility||UK mains sockets|
|Primary power supply||Mains|
Help & Advice
A smart home contains devices that can be controlled when you’re at home and when you’re not. It’s all about increasing the control you have over the day-to-day running of your home. So you can be on the go and still connected to it via innovative gadgets and appliances that are changing the way we live our lives.
A smart home, also commonly known as home automation, offers a number of different types of device – from cameras to lighting, central heating thermostats to energy monitors – all designed to be controlled remotely. All you need is an internet connection then you can easily access these home devices from your smartphone or tablet.
You might even have a smart home without realising it, as many TV boxes can be controlled remotely through a smartphone app. So why stop at just setting your favourite TV programme to record while on the go? Why not also set your home lighting and central heating? Check in on your pet while you’re at work or monitor your energy usage? Having a smart home not only gives you peace of mind, but could also save you money as it helps you use your appliances more efficiently.
And it’s all about choice. You decide how smart you want your home to be. Opt for one device or many. Sync up the devices so that they work together or keep them independent. Start with just one and then add more to it later on. Having a smart home is all about giving you more control over how your home works and finding what’s best for you.
Why do I want a Smart Home?
It saves you money
Do you know how much it costs to run your home every day? You do when your home is smart. Home automation devices, such as gas and electricity monitors, help you gauge your energy usage so you can see where and when your money is being spent. They also make it easier to change energy supplier by finding the best deals for you. And it’s not just about understanding your energy usage, but actively improving it as well. Remotely controlling your home’s devices helps them run more efficiently with no more energy wasted. Switch devices on and off remotely; set them to your schedule and some even notice when you’re away and turn themselves off – all small changes that can mean big savings.
It keeps you safe
Protect your home and enjoy peace of mind with a smart home. Cameras enable you to keep a friendly eye on the home while you’re away, so you can check in with the kids, elderly relatives or even snoop a little on your pets. While the smoke and CO2 alarm offers phone messages that immediately alert you if there’s a problem, all helping to put your mind at rest that all is well when you’re not home.
It makes life easier
Enjoying remote control over your home makes life easier. You’re no longer limited to using appliances only when you’re home, but have the freedom to do it as and when it suits you. Make your house work to your schedule.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000s of products
45 day returns policy
Arrange collection or return to store.Customer support team - 0333 014 3357
Free delivery on standard orders over £50 placed on diy.com
Excludes Large and Bulk delivery
Prevents draughts around doors, window frames and loft hatches Seals 2-7mm gaps Guarantee 2 years
Light up your smart home with this Insteon LED bulb: a remote controllable, fully dimmable networked light bulb Comes with: Insteon LED Bulb & Owner's Manual Connectivity details: Connect via your smartphone through the Insteon Hub (requires hub and an internet connection) or directly control from the ...