Softwood Deck Joist (W)144mm (L)2400mm (T)44mm
- For use in the construction of decking frames for your decking area
- Max. joist centres: 400. Spacing between boards: 5-6mm. Gap around perimeter: 10mm. Use 4.5 x 63mm Stainless Steel or coated deck screws. Drill pilot holes. Fixing points: Minimum 15mm from end and minimum 20mm from edge. Fixing detail: 2 per joist through face of board
Unavailable for Home delivery. Please check your local store stock.
Click & Collect
Unavailable for Click & Collect. Please check your local store stock.
[This is a block of tabs..]
Features and benefits
This product is available for Bulk delivery for orders over £100. To place an order call 0300 303 4481 or speak to a member of staff in store. Lines open Monday - Saturday 08:00 - 20:00 and Sunday’s 10:00 – 16:00. Calls charged at standard national rate. Free delivery on orders over £250
- Precision finished
- Preservative treated
- Kiln dried for stability
- Treated to use class 4 suitable for use in ground contact situations
- We recommend you level the ground where you're planning to construct your decking, making sure you compact soil and apply a ground sheet to prevent weeds penetrating
|Individual board width||144mm|
|Individual board length||2400mm|
|Individual board thickness||44mm|
|Kiln dried||Kiln dried|
|Timber approval||PEFC approved|
|Fitting instructions||Max. joist centres: 400. Spacing between boards: 5-6mm. Gap around perimeter: 10mm. Use 4.5 x 63mm Stainless Steel or coated deck screws. Drill pilot holes. Fixing points: Minimum 15mm from end and minimum 20mm from edge. Fixing detail: 2 per joist through face of board|
Help & Advice
- 00 Total area to cover in m2
- 00 No of slabs required
The number of slabs includes a 10% wastage allowance and is only given as an estimate
How to guides
A great way to enhance your garden which gives you an opportunity to try out your carpentry skills is with a simple ground level deck. As your confidence grows, you can always add on features like posts and balustrade later.
A patio designed as a sitting or dining area is a great way to make your outside space more enjoyable. Perfect for family barbecues, or as a sunny spot to relax on a warm summer days. You can create one with concrete slabs, paving blocks or reclaimed stone.
All our wood is 100% Forest Friendly. This means using it in our products (from doors to wallpaper) does not damage ancient forests, harm wildlife or jeopardize communities who depend on forests now and in the future.
B&Q is proud of our industry-leading timber policy and 20 years of pioneering work on forests.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000's of products
45 day returns policy
Customer support team - 0333 0143357
Free delivery on orders over £50
Home delivery orders placed on diy.com.
Excludes Next Day Bulk delivery goods
- Customers who bought this also browsed