Tado Smart Thermostat
Tado Smart Thermostat
[This is a block of tabs..]
- Tado is a smartphone controllable thermostat - it measures temperature, humidity, noise & luminosity, displays the measured temperature and allows the adjustment of operation and set point, controls heating when wired to the heating system.
- Pack includes: tado° thermostat, 3 AAA batteries, tado° bridge, power adapter, USB lead, Ethernet cable, screwdriver, labels, wall screws, & sticky pads
- Suitable for use with combi, system and heat-only boilers, conventional and condensing boilers, common Y-, S- and W-plan setups, hydronic underfloor systems, electric underfloor systems with a maximum switching current of 6 A, air source and ground source heat pumps (heating only), zoned systems (one Smart Thermostat per zone), switched live systems, potential free (dry contact) systems, low voltage systems with analogue interfaces and low voltage systems with digital bus interfaces
- App compatibility: iOS (7.1 or later), Android (2.3 or later) & Windows Phone (8.1 or later)
Features and Benefits
Tado makes life easier: Have your home always at the perfect temperature - no schedules, no teaching, no need to remember to turn it off. Tado controls your heating automatically so you don’t have to. More Transparency: See when your heating is on, how much you save everyday, and your current home temperature. Control your heating from anywhere: No matter where you are - on the train or at work - with the Tado app on the phone you always know what your home temperature is and you can easily change any setting.
- The Tado Smart Thermostat automatically adjusts the heating based on residents locations: warming before somebody gets home, saving when everybody is away. It uses local weather forecasts in real time to control your heating most efficiently, e.g. heat less on a sunny day.
- Every home is different but Tado quickly works out how quickly your home heats up and cools down to make sure it always starts at the right time.
- The Smart Thermostat communicates with the Tado hub that connects via Ethernet directly to the back of your home router
- Instant access to your energy reports and heating activity, so you can see how much you’re saving. Have full access to your heating from your phone, tablet or computer.
|Number of batteries||3|
|Battery backup||Battery backup|
|Programmes||Geo-location, 7-day, 5/2 day, 1 day|
|Override facility||Includes override facility|
|Automatic BST/GMT time change||Automatic BST/GMT time change|
|Straight line transmitter range||100m|
|Wiring||2,3 or 4 wire|
|Fits backplate||Industry standard|
|Standard||EN60730-2-9, Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU, EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC and RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU|
Help & Advice
BTU Radiator Calculator
Our BTU (British Thermal Units) calculator will help you to work out the heat requirement for your room, and recommend the number of radiators you will need to comfortably heat it.
What is a BTU?
A British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a measure of heat output from a radiator. Depending on the size of your room, the number and type of windows and what the room is used for, you'll need more or less heat. If you have a higher BTU requirement, it might be better to use more than one radiator to deliver the heat you'll need to a room. The total BTU output of several smaller radiators may meet your needs.
How do I choose the right radiator?
The BTU value of all our radiators is clearly labelled in-store and online, helping you find those which suit your requirements.
Step 4: View your results
How to guides
Pipes and fittings vary by home and by length, shapes and connectors. Thankfully, this is no longer a problem and there are lots of different solutions to make your pipework secure and reduce the risk of leaks.
Plumbing comes with a whole catalogue of specialist tools. If you're going to do the job, make sure you get the right ones.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000s of products
45 day returns policy
Arrange collection or return to store.Customer support team - 0333 014 3357
Free delivery on standard orders over £50 placed on diy.com
Excludes Large and Bulk delivery
Manage your home more effectively with an electronic timer for home automation, energy saving and home security. It's ideal for letting you control appliances so that they automatically switch on/off after a set period of time. This timer works with plug-in electrical appliances including 140 preset programmes ...
Manage your home more effectively with a mechanical timer for home automation, energy saving and home security. It's ideal for letting you control appliances so that they automatically switch on/off after a set period of time. This timer works with plug-in electrical appliances including 48 preset programmes ...
Quick and easy installation with no hard-wiring and no professional expertise required. To be purchased with suitable receiver unit (RXBC605, RXWBC605 or RXVBC605) plugging directly in to the majority of boilers Pack contains thermostat, gateway, backplate/ stand, power adaptor and batteries. Receiver sold ...
You can keep your Nest Thermostat on a bookshelf or table – not just on a wall. The Nest Stand is designed for the 3rd‐generation Nest Learning Thermostat. Together, they’re a beautiful pair (sold separately). Nest stand, screws, user guide. Nest Learning Thermostat sold separately - image for illustrative ...