Terms & conditions
1. A Gift Card can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from B&Q stores in the UK (except concessions and cafes in B&Q stores). A Gift Card cannot be used for purchases from www.diy.com or B&Q call centres or in B&Q stores outside of the UK including B&Q stores in Jersey or Guernsey and Republic of Ireland.
2. A Gift card purchased in Jersey or Guernsey can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from B&Q stores on the relevant Island (except concessions and cafes in B&Q stores). A Gift Card cannot be used for purchases from www.diy.com or B&Q call centres
3. A Gift Card Purchased in the Republic of Ireland can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from B&Q stores in the Republic of Ireland (except concessions and cafes in B&Q stores). A Gift Card cannot be used for purchases from www.diy.com or B&Q call centres or in B&Q stores outside of the Republic of Ireland including B&Q stores in Jersey or Guernsey.
4. The minimum value needed to activate a Gift Card is £1/€1 and the maximum value which can be stored on a Gift Card is £1000/€1000.
5. The minimum value needed to activate an e-Gift card is £10 and the maximum value which can be stored on a egift card is £500 (only available in £ sterling).
6. For fraud prevention reasons B&Q is unable to accept temporary B&Q Account Cards, Trade UK Cards or business cheques to pay for, or top up, a Gift Card.
7. In the event that any payment used to activate or top up a Gift Card is not authorised, or otherwise defaults, any corresponding amount added to the Gift Card will be removed.
8. When products are purchased using a Gift Card, no change will be given in cash but any value remaining on a Gift Card will be shown on the till receipt and can be used in full or part payment for future purchases. Where a Gift Card holder wishes to use a Gift Card to buy products with a value higher than the value on the Gift Card, he/she will be required to pay the difference in value.
9. The value on a Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded. Where B&Q agrees to provide a refund for products purchased using a Gift Card, the amount of the purchase price paid using that Gift Card will be reimbursed by way of a credit note for use in B&Q stores.
10. A Gift Card cannot be used to buy age restricted products unless the purchaser can prove he/ she is of at least the relevant age.
11. A Gift Card that has been purchased will expire and any remaining value will be removed if the Gift Card is not used to make a purchase, top-up or balance enquiry during any period of two or five consecutive years (see the reverse of card).
12. A Gift Card that has been given or issued as part of a promotion will have variable expiry dates, please refer to the promotional material or information that will be accompanied with the Gift Card or e-Gift card. A promotional Gift Card cannot be topped up. If a promotional Gift Card is not used within the specific time period any remaining value will be removed from the Gift Card.
13. A Gift Card will expire if it has a zero balance on the card for a period of one year or more.
14. Please keep the Gift Card safe and treat it like cash. B&Q does not collect and store personal information on the holders of Gift Cards and therefore, if a Gift Card is used without the consent of the Gift Card holder, or is lost, stolen or damaged, B&Q cannot replace or reimburse the value on the Gift Card.
15. B&Q may take any action it considers appropriate if it has reasonable grounds for believing you are misusing the B&Q Gift Card Scheme. This may include withholding all or part of the value credited on a Gift Card.
16. B&Q may vary these terms and conditions for legal, security or regulatory reasons or may suspend or discontinue the B&Q Gift Card scheme at any time. B&Q will give such notice of any variation of the terms and conditions or any suspension or discontinuance of the B&Q Gift Card scheme as is reasonably possible, whether by notices displayed in B&Q stores, on www.diy.com or otherwise. If the B&Q Gift Card Scheme is discontinued B&Q will give Gift Card holders a reasonable period to use any remaining value on the Gift Cards.
17. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
18. Gift cards cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other discount card, such as the staff discount card, diamond discount, trade discount.
B&Q Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of B&Q plc, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3LE. Company No. 00973387.
B&Q Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of B&Q Ireland Limited, 6th Floor, 2 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland. Company No. 0156844.