What are Avios?
What transactions qualify for Avios?
Avios are travel reward points that can be collected through the British Airways Executive Club and Avios Travel Rewards Programme. You can collect Avios on things you already buy and use them for flights, hotels around the world, car hire, days out with the family and much more. There are many ways to collect Avios, and being a B&Q Club member is now one of those ways!
What transactions will not qualify for Avios?
- B&Q Club members can collect Avios on purchases of Kitchens, Bathrooms and Bedrooms products.
- B&Q Club members can collect Avios where B&Q complete the installation of the entire project of a Kitchen, Bathroom or Bedroom.
- You can purchase in a B&Q store (take-away, or orders placed for delivery).
- You can purchase online at www.diy.com.
- You can purchase via B&Q Call Centres.
- You must present your B&Q Club membership with every transaction.
- You are not required to present your Avios membership details when you transact.
How long is the promotion running for?
- Any Kitchens, Bathrooms and Bedrooms transactions occurring prior to you registering your Avios membership number on your B&Q Club membership details will not qualify for the promotion.
- Any of the following when purchased as a standalone installation service:
- Hard Flooring
- Carpets and Vinyl
- Taps and plumbing
- Delivery charges will not qualify for the promotion
How do I register for the Avios promotion?
To qualify for Avios, purchases need to be made between Tuesday 1st October 2013 and Sunday 2nd February 2014 inclusive.
There is no limit to the number of transactions that can be made in the qualifying period.
How many Avios will I collect?
You must register an Avios membership number with the B&Q Club in order to opt-in to the promotion:
- If you are not an Avios member and would like to join Avios, click here.
- If you are an existing B&Q Club member you will need to update your registered B&Q Club details by adding your Avios membership number here.
- If you would like to join the B&Q Club you can register your details, including your Avios membership number here.
When will I get my Avios?
Avios will be calculated at the following rates on each qualifying transaction throughout the qualifying period:
- Spend £1 - £1,999 and collect 2 Avios per £1 on the total transaction value.
- Spend £2,000 - £4,999 and collect 3 Avios per £1 on the total transaction value.
- Spend £5,000 or more and collect 5 Avios per £1 on the total transaction value.
Any spend throughout the qualifying period will be added together. This means that as well as collecting Avios for each transaction based on the thresholds above, multiple transactions may mean you qualify for the next tier. If this is the case, B&Q will let Avios know that additional Avios should be retrospectively added to your total.
How do I redeem my Avios?
- Avios will be calculated 45 days from your transaction date allowing for any refunds during this period (and associated Avios deductions).
- Once 45 days have passed from your transaction date, B&Q will communicate your Avios collected, to Avios, at the end of that Calendar month.
- Your Avios will be applied to your account in line with the Avios programme terms and conditions.
Who do I contact if I have an enquiry?
Avios can be redeemed as per the Avios Travel Rewards Programme or British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions.
Other terms and conditions
For any enquiries relating to registering for this programme with the B&Q Club please contact B&Q Club Customer Services on 0845 609 6688 or contact us via the Club Twitter account @bandq_club.
For any enquiries relating to registering for an Avios membership account, Avios issuance or redemption, please click here.
Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with Avios terms and conditions.
All other Avios programme terms and conditions apply. Please click here for details.
B&Q Club terms and conditions apply. Please click here for details.