1. A Gift Card can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from B&Q stores in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (except concessions and cafes in B&Q stores). A Gift Card cannot be used for purchases from www.diy.com or B&Q call centres or in B&Q stores outside of the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND including B&Q stores in the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey.
2. The minimum value needed to activate a Gift Card is €1 and the maximum value which can be stored on a Gift Card is €1500.
3. For fraud prevention reasons B&Q is unable to accept temporary B&Q Account Cards or business cheques to pay for, or top up, a Gift Card.
4. In the event that any payment used to activate or top up a Gift Card is not authorised, or otherwise defaults, any corresponding amount added to the Gift Card will be removed.
5. When products are purchased using a Gift Card, no change will be given in cash but any value remaining on a Gift Card will be shown on the till receipt and can be used in full or part payment for future purchases. Where a Gift Card holder wishes to use a Gift Card to buy products with a value higher than the value on the Gift Card, he/she will be required to pay the difference in value.
6. The value on a Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded. Where B&Q agrees to provide a refund for products purchased using a Gift Card, the amount of the purchase price paid using that Gift Card will be reimbursed by way of a credit note for use in B&Q stores.
7. A Gift Card cannot be used to buy age restricted products unless the purchaser can prove he/she is of at least the relevant age.
8. A Gift Card will expire and any remaining value will be removed if the Gift Card is not used to make a purchase, top-up or balance enquiry during any period of five consecutive years.
9. Please keep the Gift Card safe and treat it like cash. B&Q does not collect and store personal information on the holders of Gift Cards and therefore, if a Gift Card is used without the consent of the Gift Card holder, or is lost, stolen or damaged, B&Q cannot replace or reimburse the value on the Gift Card.
10. B&Q may take any action it considers appropriate if it has reasonable grounds for believing you are misusing the B&Q Gift Card Scheme. This may include withholding all or part of the value credited on a Gift Card.
11. B&Q may vary these terms and conditions for legal, security or regulatory reasons or may suspend or discontinue the B&Q Gift Card scheme at any time. B&Q will give such notice of any variation of the terms and conditions or any suspension or discontinuance of the B&Q Gift Card scheme as is reasonably possible, whether by notices displayed in B&Q stores, on www.diy.com or otherwise. If the B&Q Gift Card Scheme is discontinued B&Q will give Gift Card holders a reasonable period to use any remaining value on the Gift Cards.
12. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
13. Gift cards cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other discount card, such as the staff discount card, diamond discount, trade discount.
B&Q Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of B&Q Ireland Limited, Fitzwilton House, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. Company No. 0156844.
This Gift Card can be used in full or part payment for any products purchased from B&Q stores in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (except concessions and cafes in B&Q stores). This Card cannot be used for purchases from www.diy.com or B&Q call centres or in B&Q stores outside of the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND or exchanged for cash. No change will be given in cash. Any balance remaining on this Card will be shown on the till receipt and can be used in full or part payment for other products. If this Card is lost, stolen or damaged B&Q cannot replace or reimburse the balance on this Card. This Card will expire and any remaining balance will be removed if this Card is not used to make a purchase, top-up or balance enquiry during any period of 5 consecutive years.
The full terms and conditions applicable to this Gift Card are included on the Gift Card Holder and can also be obtained at any B&Q store in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND or at www.diy.com/giftcard.