Carbon emissions are a cause of climate change, and therefore it is vital that we reduce our CO2 emissions as a business.
We also aim to offer you products that help you to reduce your own emissions in your own homes.
- We've Signed up to 10:10 which sees us striving to further reduce our emissions in 2010. Visit the 10:10 website for more information
- Electricity to be zero carbon by 2023
- New stores to be zero carbon by 2012
- We are aiming to reduce our CO2 by 90% by 2023 (against a 2006/7 baseline)
what we've achieved so far
- 16% absolute reduction in total CO2 against a 06/07 baseline
- Our new store at New Malden includes a variety of low carbon technologies, including solar panels and ground source heat pumps
- 12% reduction in CO2 from electricity - store lighting accounts for more than half of our carbon footprint. We've invested in technology to provide a half lighting solution in 40 sites
- 2MW wind turbine operational at Worksop distribution centre from February 2009
- B&Q was one of the first twelve organisations to achieve the Carbon Trust Standard
- 7% reduction in CO2 from store heating