We supply a diverse range of products to millions of customers every year. By working with our suppliers we aim to understand, manage and reduce the impact that our products have on the environment.
We have a duty to ensure that the environmental impact of each product is as low as possible, whether it is made from natural resources, like the wood in our garden furniture, or based upon synthetic ingredients, like our paints. To do this, we have focussed our attention to specific areas where we can reduce our impact.
- 20% reduction in CO2 by end of 2012 financial year
- 90% reduction in CO2 by end of 2023 financial year
- 90% reduction (by weight) of waste to landfill by end of 2012 financial year
- 10% reduction in volume of water used (m3) by end of 2012 financial year against a 2007/8 baseline
what we've achieved so far
- We've reduced our absolute CO2 emissions by 16% (against a 2006/07 baseline)
- We've increased the amount of waste that is reused, recycled or composted by 57%