Engaged staff create great customer service and a healthy businesses, and that is why we invest so much time and effort on maintaining and improving staff morale.
We have a lot of great people in our business with lots of focus, energy, passion and commitment. As a business we take pride in recognising people who deliver the best customer service and great business results.
- To invite all employees to participate in our annual employee engagement survey, run by Gallup, to give us an insight into how our employees are feeling working at B&Q
- To provide employees with the tools to recognise each other for doing a job well done, with prize money allocated to each store and each store support office department
- Yearly recognition awards dinner attended by all the finalists and their partners, winners presented with awards and prize money
what we've achieved so far...
- Three time winners of Gallup Great Workplace Award
- Introduced new measures and communications channels, including:
- 'Tell Euan About', forum for employees to meet and share ideas with our CEO;
- '2sDay Newsday', series of short presentations that give our store support office employees a flavour of what is going on across the business
- 'B&Q reel', our internal video based communication tool for store employees to keep up-to-date with the latest developments
- 'Euan's blog' enables our CEO to connect directly with all employees, giving an update on where the business is headed and involving them in real-time, on-line debate
- Our recognition scheme offers industry leading prizes. In 2008 thirty six winners across the business, all nominated by their colleagues for providing great service, were given a once in a lifetime, all expenses paid trip to Beijing called Orient Success. The six day trip included sightseeing and tickets to top Olympic events including both 100m finals in the Birds Nest Stadium. The majority of winners were customer advisors from the shop floor
- Every year we hold an annual recognition awards dinner. The finalists are presented with awards, prize money and stay with their guests overnight. In 2008 the event took place in Barcelona and was part of a three day visit with guests staying at a luxury hotel on the seafront