Our people are our unique asset and we know that trained and knowledgeable store teams are critical to providing a friendly expert service to our customers. In addition to our in-house training programmes, both on and off-the job, we also offer the opportunity for our people in stores to achieve City & Guilds retail qualifications.
Our employees take pride in achieving these nationally recognised qualifications and our customers can have confidence in the advice and service they receive from us.
- Since 2009, we have worked closely with City & Guilds in order to launch five nationally recognised qualifications:
- The Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
- The Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills (Selling Specialised Eco Products)
- The Level 3 Diploma in Retail Management
- The Home Improvement Knowledge Qualification
- The Apprenticeship in Retailing Qualification
- All our qualifications are mapped to in-house learning and performance solutions to enable our people to achieve their qualifications whilst 'on the job'.
- During 2011 and beyond, we are committed to improving our qualification offer with both new and enhanced qualification programmes that will further develop our members of staff both personally and professionally.
what we've achieved so far...
- Over 15,000 members of staff have gained a nationally recognised qualification since 2009
- 95 members of staff successfully achieved their Apprenticeship in Retailing Qualification in 2010
- In July 2010, we successfully passed our second City & Guilds audit with outstanding results
- In 2010, we were nominated for an award in the 'Ambition and Impact' category at the National Employer Service Workforce Development Awards