Love your living room
Find the centre piece for your living room, style it, match it, make it functional and personal. Take floors and walls back to basics, prepare for decorating and learn how to fit skirting boards. Find out how to hang wallpaper, how to create paint effects and enhance the warmth of your living room with a designer radiator.
Project Article Tabs
It’s pretty amazing how a splash of paint and a touch of polish can change a tired and worn piece of furniture into a unique family charm. So don’t throw those old pieces away, try upcycling them into your next favourite thing.
The living room is an important room of your home; you more than likely spend a lot of time here, relaxing, entertaining or down time with the family, so it's important to get the space right. Do you want intimate and cosy or minimal and spacious? The space is yours.
Think about functionality and style, you'll need storage boxes for the added extras and throws and cushions for comfort. Do you want hard flooring with rugs to soften it or a luxe carpet that you can really sink your feet in to? Would you prefer to mix bold colours and textures in your furnishings or have one sleek theme throughout?
You can play with light and space in this room, too; if you go neutral on the walls, this creates the feel of a bright, open space and you can add on that with cushions, throws, lampshades and curtains etc. Feature walls work brilliantly here, too; whether you've got an alcove, a chimney breast or just want to add detail to one specific area, you can play with paints or wallpapers to achieve a look you and your family will love to live in.
When thinking about new flooring, choosing a hard option will guarantee a classic look that will wear well over time.
Our hard flooring options are:
- Available in solid oak, real wood top layer and laminate options
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean and look after
- Warm underfoot - plus real wood top layer and laminate options work with underfloor heating
- Made from responsibly sourced wood certified by either the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) ensuring that the timber used has been produced via the best practices for the environment
- Available in a range of wood effects and colours – our laminate option also comes in stone effects too
- Available in thicknesses ranging from 6millimetres (mm) to 21mm
Read our guide to find out all about our hard flooring options and make the right choice for you and your home.