My flooring overhaul
Fit the right flooring for the right room. Let our buyers guides advise you on what's best for your home. Add underfloor heating with our helpful instructions and learn the best way to lay wooden flooring. Tackle the flooring project in your home with the correct tools and advice. Know how to add the finishing touches to the doorways and add a trim to disguise edges. Don't forget to take care of your carpets or wood with aftercare treatment.
Project Article Tabs
If you want to make a big transformation to a room, look to the floor. You are standing on the very thing that could make the biggest change to your room.
Flooring can make or break a room; whether you go for comfort and sink your feet into a luxury carpet or add structure with hard flooring; the type of base you choose acts as the foundation to creating a really great room. There are many different types to choose from and you can even add underfloor heating for that final touch of opulence.
Changing your flooring doesn't need to cause as much disruption to your life as you may think; start in one corner of the room and work your way across and either temporarily move the furniture to a different room or move it along as you finish a section. Whilst you're focusing on your floor don't forget your skirting boards; B&Q now offer a click-in skirting board, so it's never been easier to make a change.
When thinking about new flooring, choosing a hard option will guarantee a classic look that will wear well over time.
Our hard flooring options are:
- Available in solid oak, real wood top layer and laminate options
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean and look after
- Warm underfoot - plus real wood top layer and laminate options work with underfloor heating
- Made from responsibly sourced wood certified by either the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) ensuring that the timber used has been produced via the best practices for the environment
- Available in a range of wood effects and colours – our laminate option also comes in stone effects too
- Available in thicknesses ranging from 6millimetres (mm) to 21mm
Read our guide to find out all about our hard flooring options and make the right choice for you and your home.
- 00 Total area to cover in m2
- 00 No of tiles required
The number of tiles includes a 10% wastage allowance and is only given as an estimate