How to shop
Are all B&Q products available to buy online?
We stock many popular products online, but unfortunately due to the nature and size of some of our products we do not currently sell the complete B&Q range online. However you can research over 35,000 products and check range in your local store.
I'm new to diy.com - how do I shop?
1. Find the product you want
Click on the navigation area on the left of the screen or the relevant department name on the top of the screen to narrow down your product search.
Type the product into the search box located at the top right of the screen and click on the magnifying glass icon. Use the search filters to find the types of products you are interested in.
2. Select and add to shopping basket
When you have found the product you want to buy, simply enter the quantity you require and click 'add for delivery' if you want the item delivered to your home or click 'order for collection' if you want to collect the item from one of our stores. This adds the item to the shopping basket. For information on buying your items online and collecting them from store, see our Click and Collect page.
For security purposes your shopping basket will be emptied after 20 minutes of no activity. In order to save the items in your shopping basket simply register today and enjoy all of the benefits of being one of our registered customers.
Paying for the products you have selected couldn't be easier. Click on 'Shopping Basket' at the top of the screen and you will be taken to your shopping basket. You can then check its contents before proceeding. Items will be displayed depending on whether they are available in-store only or for purchasing online. Simply click on the secure checkout button and fill in the details we ask for. If you don't want to have to fill out your details again, why not Register and we'll save your details for the next time you shop with us.
For security purposes our checkout pages will expire after a period of inactivity.
How do I add items to my shopping basket?
When you have found the item you want, simply enter the quantity you require and click 'add for delivery' if you want the item delivered to your home or click 'order for collection' if you want to collect the item from one of our stores.
Don't worry if you have added the wrong item or too many of an item to your shopping basket. To remove items from your shopping basket, select 'remove item' underneath the item quantity. To change the quantity, type the quantity you want in the quantity box, the shopping basket will update with the new quantity.
Can I save items in my shopping basket to buy another day?
Can I print off my shopping basket?
Yes. Many of our visitors like to print off a shopping basket that they can take to their local store to help them find products and estimate prices for their DIY projects. After you have added all the products you require to your shopping basket, simply click on 'shopping basket' at the top of the page and once you can view your shopping basket you can then print the page using the print option in your web browser.
Is it safe to buy online?
You can be totally confident when you shop with diy.com! We are so confident about the payment security we offer on our site that we will back every purchase with our security guarantee.
• Our site uses Secure Server software that encrypts your credit or debit card information to ensure your transaction with us is private and protected as it travels over the Internet.
• Every payment transaction we process is checked by our fraud control systems to validate the authenticity and validity of the payment cards used, as well as indicators of possible fraudulent use.
• In the unlikely event of fraudulent or unauthorised use of your payment card in online transactions, most banks and card issuers which subscribe to the Banking Code either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just £50.00.
• If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, diy.com will cover your liability up to £50.00 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own from a purchase made at diy.com while using our server, and if you have notified your payment card issuer and us (either by phone 0870 010 006 (national rate) or by contacting us online through 'Contact B&Q', located in the security section of this site) as soon as you became aware of the unauthorised use of your card.
Internet shopping is safe
Internet shopping is now as safe as shopping in a store or by phone, so there is no need for anyone to miss out on the benefits and convenience it provides. B&Q is verified as ISIS compliant merchant, and diy.com is verified as an ISIS compliant web site. ISIS-accredited merchants now account for approximately two thirds of all UK online shopping. Consumers can shop online with confidence wherever they see the ISIS logo because it certifies that the merchant has:
• Registered with the ISIS programme and undertaken to trade in a manner that is LEGAL, DECENT, HONEST, TRUTHFUL AND FAIR.
• Had its web site and service reviewed and monitored by IMRG
• Had its Business, VAT and Data Protection registrations checked by IMRG
Where is my nearest store?
To find your local B&Q store simply use our store finder. You'll find all the information you need including opening hours, contact details, directions and a map.
View our Store Finder now.
Can I check stock or reserve products at my local store?
We now have a new store collection service from B&Q. It replaces our Reserve and Collect service and is currently available on 5,000 products.
Click & Collect allows you to choose and pay for your products on the website and then collect them from your local store. Depending on when you place your order, many items will be available to collect the next day.
Products that are available for Click & Collect will have an icon on the product page. You’ll then be able to choose the Click & Collect service and select your preferred collection store.
When you have done this you can continue to shop or proceed directly to the website check out. Your basket will clearly show all the products you have added and Home Delivery and Click & Collect products will be grouped together.
When you reach the checkout, we’ll check the stock in your selected store. If stock’s available, you can pay for your products before collecting. If your product is out of stock, we’ll let you know and you can save the item for later or try another store.
To find out more, click here.
Can I have a choice of home delivery or store collection?
Once you have found the products you were looking for and have added them to your shopping basket, when you click 'secure checkout' you will be given the choice of ordering for home delivery or for store collection, or, if you have several items in your basket, both options. Not all items are available for all services, so once you have completed one order, return to your shopping basket where your remaining items will be available for ordering.
Our returns policy - terms and conditions
Please keep your receipt for anything you buy from us. It will ensure we can help you, if you need to bring something back.
Products delivered to you
If you buy a product which we deliver to you, you may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 135 days after delivery by:
• In the first instance, Calling us on 03330143357* emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at B&Q To Home Team, Torrance House, Erskine, Renfrewshire, PA8 6AT to cancel the order (or part of it) and arrange collection.
• Alternatively, returning the product to your local B&Q store (you will need to bring your sales advice and the credit/debit card used for payment).
This is subject to the following conditions:
• The product must be unused.
• Orders which are cut, made to measure or mixed to your requirements will not be exchanged or refunded.
• Perishable products such as plants purchased online will not be exchanged or refunded.
• You will receive a full refund of the price paid (including relevant delivery charges) less any collection charges. If you return a part of an order, we will recalculate any applicable delivery charge for the remaining part of the order and also deduct this from the refund.
• We reserve the right to refuse a return or to require proof of identity.
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
If the product you purchase is faulty, we may offer a repair, exchange or refund as appropriate in accordance with your consumer rights. Please call us on 03330143357* to arrange.
*Lines are open 8am to 8pm weekdays, 8am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday. If you are calling from the Republic of Ireland, please call 1800 946327