10x8 Forest Apex roof Shiplap Wooden Shed
Our Heavy duty shiplap shed features a square boarded, butt jointed floor for extra strength, making it ideal for heavy duty use or for storing large garden equipment. The door has safe and secure hidden hinges and the unbreakable polycarbonate glazing allows extra light in and are fitted with security screws. Manufactured from high quality interlocking shiplap boards which is dip treated and guaranteed against rot for 10 years, provided that the shed is isolated from ground contact and is regularly retreated with timber preservative.
- 12mm Shiplap cladding
- Dip treated
- Double Doors
- Comes with - Roof felt & shed floor and Fixings supplied
- 10 years Manufacturers anti-rot guarantee applicable if care instructions have been followed
Features and Benefits
This Forest apex shiplap mixed softwood shed is ideal as a work space or for storing general garden items.
- Shiplap tongue and groove is a high quality cladding construction formed from watertight, interlocking, smooth planed boards. This high quality type of construction offers greater protection from wind and rain penetration as well as being secure and durable.
- This structure has been dip treated which means preservative has been applied to the outside of the timber to protect the wood against rot and decay. Periodic retreatment is required to prolong the life of the structure.
- Robust and stable pressure treated boarded floor
- Unbreakable Polycarbonate glazing, which will not become yellow or brittle over time, fixed with security screws.
- Safe and secure hidden door hinges with a plate hasp and staple latch
- Sturdy door braced with double "Z" framing for added strength and security. Can be hung on either side
- Weatherproof felted roof constructed from durable sheet material
- Attractive smooth planed finial and barge board
- The dimensions given refer to the external dimensions of the product unless otherwise stated
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Number of doors||2|
|Number of fixed windows||4|
|Glazing unit thickness||1.5mm|
|Roof Design||Apex roof|
|Surface finish||Planed timber|
|Timber approval||FSC® approved|
Could be better
Wilkos - 1 year ago
Built this shed today, not quite what I was expecting
Polycarbonate windows, with security screws, what a waste of time, one slit with a stanley knife and goodbye windows.
Dip treated timber, not in our case, so many of the shed trimmings haven't been dipped properly leaving bare wood. Which now means I have to re-treat the entire shed.
The door locks aren't even worth putting on, so I will have to buy better.
Please make sure you check the dimensions, my partner is 6'3" and can only stand up in the middle of the shed, and he hits his head everytime he goes through the door opening.
If you buy this shed, make sure you bear in mind that you will need to spend more money on windows, locks and timber treatment, and that its more suitable for folk who are on the shorter side.
Forest-8X10 Shiplap Wooden Shed
monticola - 1 year ago
Generally very pleased with the product apart from a few very small niggles. There were too few nails in the pack to fix the roof panels on to the bearers. When nailing the felt to the overhang some of the nails worked loose. I overcame the lack of nails by fixing the roof panels using 25mm screws. I would recommend this as it would probably cure the problem of the nails working loose. The drawings/instructions for fixing the doors could be clearer. The door ironmongery is barely adequate, I have replace the hasp and staple and the turnbuttons with heavier duty hasp and staple and slip bolts in place of the the turnbuttons.
These niggles aside the shed went up easily, the instructions were good and the parts easily identified. It is good value for money