See more Sheds
5x3 Forest Apex roof Overlap Wooden Shed
A compact overlap apex shed ideal for smaller gardens. The traditional apex roof gives a attractive appearance and the square cut overlap construction helps water run off the building. The door has safe and secure hidden hinges and is fitted with a secure hasp and staple for increased security. The timber is dip treated and guarenteed against rot for 10 years, provided that the shed is isolated from ground contact and is regularly retreated with timber preservative.
- 7mm Overlap cladding
- Dip treated
- Single Door
- Comes with - Roof felt & shed floor and Fixings supplied
- 10 years Manufacturers anti-rot guarantee applicable if care instructions have been followed
Features and Benefits
This Forest apex overlap mixed softwood shed is ideal as a work space or for storing general garden items.
- Overlap sheds have a square cut overlap timber board construction. This classic type of construction is great value.
- This structure has been dip treated which means preservative has been applied to the outside of the timber to protect the wood against rot and decay. Periodic retreatment is required to prolong the life of the structure.
- Hardwearing sheet material floor as standard
- No windows for even greater security
- Safe and secure hidden door hinges with a plate hasp and staple latch
- Sturdy door braced with double "Z" framing for added strength and security. Can be hung on either side
- Weatherproof felted roof constructed from durable sheet material
- Attractive smooth planed finial and barge board
- The dimensions given refer to the external dimensions of the product unless otherwise stated
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Number of doors||1|
|Glazing unit thickness||1.5mm|
|Roof Design||Apex roof|
|Surface finish||Rough sawn|
|Timber approval||FSC® approved|
Wonky but saveable
Domitella - 1 year ago
The walls were wonky - took quite a lot of shoving and pushing to get the roof on straight as the sides were at strange angles. None of the supporting batons had been cut to an angle to fit against each other, so the joints in the end panels were not as strong as they could be. Some of the cross timbers were also a few mm too long - not much but meant they stopped the walls joining flush. The walls are joined to the floor with L-brackets, as there is no bottom horizontal baton to screw through. This makes the join to the floor weaker, and means there is a small gap around the edge of the base.
The timber the walls are made from is very cheap - more like a fence - and the rain does soak through it when the wind is blowing. The floor also did not have enough support underneath (it's OSB), and feels dangerously bendy underfoot. I'm going to put something more sturdy on top before I can put anything heavy in it (which will cost more money!).
The door was at least 1cm too long, meaning that although it fit perfectly at the top and sides, when the shed was fitted together it scraped on the floor and needed trimming.
Luckily I am comfortable with woodwork so I was able to adjust things, and the price was good. However I would not recommend for someone who is not into DIY, or wants a hassle-free job.
Cheap and not cheerful
Amcartwright - 1 year ago
product looked ok, until I started putting it together.
Floor so thin and flimsy I had to reinforce it before I could stand on it.
Side panels were warped, so they did not line up correctly with the front/back.
wooden slats meant to cover joints were warped so badly, could not fit them on at all.
Mid range shed
Ken2017 - 2 years ago
Bought this to store garden tools etc but only a small space, sturdy and stable if you add another layer on the floor. Good for the money, put it up In a few hours..!