See more Toilet repair & fittings
Fluidmaster Brass & plastic Bottom entry Fill valve, ½"
This brass and plastic bottom entry 1/2" fill valve with brass shank is suitable for suitable for low or high water pressure.
- Manufacturer guarantee - 5 years
- Compatible with most cisterns.
- Comes with Instruction manual
- Turn off water supply to toilet cistern at storage tank in loft or isolator valve if mains fed. Disconnect pipe work and remove old valve from toilet cistern. Place sealing washer on threaded shank of valve with cone facing down. Position valve in toilet cistern, passing threaded shank through hole in cistern to determine if valve height needs adjusting. Fluidmaster 400-series valves are height adjustable. To adjust the height, remove from cistern and twist threaded shank in or out of the valve body. A clicking noise will be heard on some models. This is normal. The valve height should be adjusted so that the critical level mark on the valve body is located at least 25mm above the overflow pipe. Do not move lock ring, it holds the valve body and shank together under pressure. Do not interchange body with old shank as leaking can occur. Install valve in cistern. Start to thread back nut onto threaded shank so the shank protrudes through the cistern enough to enable tap connector to fit neatly. Do not tighten back nut at this stage. When position is correct and before tightening back nut, reconnect water supply to valve to make sure fibre washer is sealed correctly. Hand tighten connector, do not over tighten. Now tighten back nut, do not over tighten. Turn on water supply.
- 120mm height adjustment with adjustable float
Features and benefits
- Silent fill - Ends noisy cistern refills, helping to keep disturbance to a minimum for all the family both day and night
- Adjustable - Has an adjustable height for easy fit across of different cistern sizes
- Brass thread - High quality material that reduces the risk of cross threading and damage to the valve
- Tested to 200000 cycles - To ensure the durability and quality of the valve
- Suitable for use with both high and low pressure systems - Giving confidence that this is the right product for any type of system
- (Water supply certification) WRAS certified - Fully complies with all local market regulatory standards, ensuring the quality of the product
|Material||Brass & plastic|
|Minimum operating pressure||0.1bar|
|Suitable water pressure||High or low pressure|
|Connection size (imperial)||0.5"|
|Water regulations||WRAS approved|
Complete novice - 8 months ago
Had to replace cistern valve as current one very slow to fill. Decided to take old valve in to compare thread length, as they can vary in length. Asked for assistance ( Plymouth store) as no idea which one would fit. The assistant was very helpful & I came away confident it would fit & it did! Thank you B&Q!
Davey 77 - 9 months ago
Dear and leaked no matter how many time’s I moved or changed it still leaked although mine was the plastic thread not the brass changed this for the flo master cheaper version and job done
Mally1967 - 10 months ago
Easy instructions to follow, simple to fit and fills the cistern rapidly
Buy something else
Dimitris1 - 1 year ago
Bought this product, easy to install, albeit the plastic nut is a bit weird as an option. Worked fine for 10 days, then it wouldn't stop filling up. Took it out and tested it outside of the flush, same thing whatever I tried. Bought a second one as I threw away the receipt and gues what, after a few days, same issue. Exchanged it with a FlowMasta one. Almost half price and much better quality with a better seal as well.
Tooterphil - 1 year ago
I bought this product today and was a bit apprensive about fitting it, the assistant at B&Q ensured me it was easy and explained how to do it, and it was. It is now on and working great.