See more Bath shower screens
Cooke & Lewis Arkell Straight 1 Panel Bath screen, (W)750mm
This sleek, stylish and practical bath screen has been created to bring a stylish finishing touch to your bathing area, whilst being ideal for busy family homes.
- Guarantee - 2 years
- Fittings & fixings included
- Comes with Screws & wall plugs
- Instructions for care: Clean with soap only and do not use chloric acid or abrasive cleaner
- Compatible with Flat top bath
Features and benefits
- Easy installation: Wall profile adjustable up to 10mm. Reversible fittings for right or left handles opening
|Brand||Cooke & Lewis|
|CE marked||CE marked|
|Bath screen type||Straight|
|Glass type||Toughened safety glass|
|Maximum uneven wall adjustment||10|
|Number of panels||1|
Good low weight product if wall not strong
ChrisB1 - 1 year ago
+ Low weight: I bought this product because I was worried about how much weight the plasterboard/tiles would take
+ Does not leak
- Note that the frame looks light blue against white tiles, though the pattern on the glass appears white.
- It specifies a 2.8mm drill bit for installation - which I couldn't get at B&Q or any other DIY store: you'll have to obtain one before starting, probably from a web retailer.
1). It's not clear in the instruction diagram, but you do need to use sealant along the round hinge (otherwise a small amount of water can get underneath that). Remember that you don't want a gap between the plastic strip and the hinge/sealant, and when you open the door the plastic strip will have to move round your sealant.
2). Obtain the 2.8mm drill bit specified in the instructions before starting. 2.5mm is too small. I had to bodge it with a 3mm drill because I took the old shower screen off before trying to get the 2.8mm drill and could not obtain one over the weekend. Do it properly!
3). When you mark where to drill for the holes in the frame, as you slide the door out of the wall-mount it can smear your marks (felt-tip in my case) which made it unclear where to drill. Let the felt-tip dry/use something else.
4). It wasn't clear in the instructions so I put the sloping side of the plastic strip facing into the bath. That works well.
Lovely looking but not all white!
cherrysews - 1 year ago
Love this screen but the side bar is not white - it is blue! My plumber and I both think it looks blue against my white tiles, and the tiles themselves are an "ice-white" rather than a creamy white. Also, no screws in the box - don't know if there were meant to be?
Very good value and attractive looking.