See more Curtain Tracks
Corded White Fixed length Curtain track (L)400 cm
- Easy assembly
- Fixings supplied
- Recommended for Bedrooms & living areas
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for straight windows
- Can be wall mounted
- Child Safety P Clip Cord Tensioner Included
|Length (cm)||400 cm|
|Maximum load||9 kg|
|Suitable for||Heavy weight curtains|
|Care instructions||Wipe clean with a soft cloth|
|Adjustment type||Cut to size|
leeroy36 - 6 months ago
This product is Not Fit For Purpose Do Not Buy, I do not know how this passed quality control to be sold.
I bought this without reading the reviews, our old track was old & was not running smoothly anymore, we had redecorated & had new curtains, so needed a new corded track.
I was wrongly advised that the makers of our original track had gone out of business, so this looked the next best thing & was available off the shelf. Upon removing from the packaging I could see it was not good quality, the plastic was softer & thinner, the fixings were smaller, everything is poor quality. The end pulley cassettes made their way loose after the first draw on the curtains, due to insufficient one point fixings, they just sat awkwardly bent on the ends of the track, the carriers & over lap arms do not travel well at all, the weight of the overlaps pull the carriers downwards & makes them sit at the wrong angle, there are no rollers in the carriers they just have lugs that do not run smoothly. After 5 weeks I had to remove the cord, because the curtains would not move, after removing the cord it was still extremely difficult to draw the curtains, due to ill fitting roller runners & the overlap arm/carrier problem. I had to take the track down & observed that the cord had actually eaten into the soft plastic in the pulley assembly & why the cord would not work anymore. This track is cheap & poor quality, it does not do the job it say's it will.
I sourced the track we had before, now fitted & working perfectly. The new track is a thicker gauge plastic & more robust, the roller runners are much better quality, the cord is thicker & the pulley system & tension pulleys are far superior.
Poorly described, not good for heavy curtains
Countersink - 11 months ago
I bought the 2700mm version of this rail to support a pair of lined velvet floor length curtains - i.e. heavy - in a bay window. I was persuaded by the description 'Corded Heavyweight Plastic Track' but really it is not suitable for a number of reasons -
1. It is not at all easy to bend it round a bay window, it takes a great deal of force to attach it to the brackets and the fixings are under a lot of stress - we will see how long it lasts.
2. At the centre of the track the cords rotate over small pulleys mounted in a central plastic block. The track is arranged so that one curtain has an extended leading bracket so that it overlaps the other when closed. My curtains are sufficiently heavy that the weight of the curtain distorts the extended bracket, and therefore requires additional force applied to the cord. This extra force pulls the plastic pulley block along the rail, so that the curtains no longer meet in the middle. It took me a while to work out what was happening, to get round it I have to lift the curtain to take the weight off the rail while pulling the cord with the other hand.
3. The cord is very thin, hard to get a proper grip on it, and is somewhat flexible too.
4. The curtains do not close simultaneously, there are separate systems for each curtain.
All in all I would describe this as a very flimsy under-engineered product with a misleading description only suitable for lightweight curtains.
1221 - 1 year ago
I bought this product before looking at the reviews and wouldnt of bought if I’d of known!! Works fine with no curtains on as soon as i put the Light weight curtains on the runners it jambed! terrible product made so cheap an flimsy! N WORTH ONE STAR!! DO NOT BUY!!!
Nelson80 - 1 year ago
I wish these reviews were available in the store to stop people wasting their money on items like this one! It was a nightmare to put up and has been awful to use ever since! The cord doesn't work properly so literally every morning and evening it's a chore to open and close the curtains! Such a simple task proves stressful! We have a small baby so changing the track isn't such a quick and easy job now. DO NOT BUY!
Absolutely terrible and nothing but trouble
CM16 - 1 year ago
This product really is rubbish. Ghastly and awkward to fit, poor quality components, doesn't support even lightweight curtains properly. The two halves join with a flimsy bit of plastic which immediately bends as you try to fit it. Within a week of fitting the thing, half of it had fallen down because the plastic clips broke. We did manage to get a refund, however. Verdict: Unfit for purpose. Avoid and go for something better - unless you have a dead straight window and featherweight curtains.