We remain open and here to help. Customer and colleague safety remains our priority. Whether shopping in store or online, we urge you to follow the Government's social distancing guidelines and to shop responsibly only for what is necessary.
See more Underlay & floor preparation
Diall 2.2mm Extruded polystyrene (XPS) foam Laminate & solid wood flooring Underlay panels
- Guarantees sustained quality & global excellent performance with only 2.2mm thickness
- Suitable for Laminate & solid wood flooring
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
- Guarantee - 2 years
- 2 years Guarantee
Features and benefits
- Good for impact sound reduction (20dB), convenient for installation (folded-accordion: easy lay and easy cut system)
- Suitable for frequently used rooms
- Low thickness for a good performance
- Ideal for low installation heights (Flat surface needed)
- Helps to level sub-floor irregularity/unevenness up to 1mm
- Handle & fit with care. In order to make the fitting task easier, it is recommended to apply an aluminium tape to protect the underlay edges between each underlay section as it is laid
|Material||Extruded polystyrene (XPS) foam|
Splits along the folds
Jcollins63 - 3 years ago
Very brittle and splits along the folds when trying to lay out the underlay. Also it doesn't lay flat, and as it's stiff you can't fold it around architrave for cutting to shape in place, everything has to be measured or marked from a template. I much preferred the grey underlay B&Q used to sell.
Thin but fagile
jonDuQ - 3 years ago
Only bought this because I needed a thin underlay, but it needs an extra vapour barrier and is expensive
Did not like it
Norry50 - 3 years ago
Bought this underley for doing my laminate floor just too easy to break apart. In a narrow space like my lobby kept tearing at every seam to the point it was very frustrating going to do my living room next will not be getting this stuff for that will definitely be looking for something better. Used to sell similar Gray underlay this was much better.
Absolute rubbish underlay
Hdhsis - 3 years ago
This one the only underlay in store so he no choice as the job was urgent. It's impossible to lay without tearing. Even after the fight each step you make leaves an imprint if your lucky... most of the time it just tears again. Utter rubbish. Never had a complaint about B&Q products before but this is just the pits. Avoid at all cost!!!
Easy to lay
Big Al 3 - 3 years ago
I bought this in January 2017 because i could not find the underlay i used before. I used it in the kitchen and found it ideal. I walked on it whilst laying the laminate boards and it did not flatten under foot. If you keep the main part under control and cut it roughly to size there is no splitting. Great product.