See more Electric Fires
Dimplex Opti-myst Brass effect Electric fire
This electric fire features a optimyst 3d flame effect with & without heat which instantly adds an inviting, warming glow to the room. This fire uses a thermostat which switches the heat on and off to maintain heat levels. This fire is operated manually and the function controls are located on the unit.
- Flame effect - Optimyst 3D flame effect with & without heat
- 2 years Guarantee
Features and Benefits
This inset features a traditional brass effect finish, and is suitable for many rooms including lounge, dining room and conservatory.
- Engineered with Opti-Myst technology, the flame effect is fully three dimensional and uses ultrasonic technology to create an ultra-fine water mist, which is then illuminated to create the ‘flames’ and the ‘smoke’. Combined with a realistic log effect fuel bed it creates the smart illusion of a real fire. The flames are created by filling a water tank beneath the fuel bed and it is completely safe
- Fully variable flame and smoke intensity control
- Flame can be used independently from heat
- 2kW fan heater with choice of two heat settings
- You will need an electrical point within reach of your appliance
- Mix and match with one of our surrounds, back panels and hearths to complete your look.
|Fuel bed type||Log effect|
|Number of heating levels||2|
|Heat output||1000W & 2000W|
|Chimney or flue||No chimney or flue required|
Broken logs and bad finish
pam4939 - 8 months ago
Ordered this fire on 25th April for delivery 27th. Arrived with broken logs and surround sticking out at joins on top. To be collected 11th May and replacement received 28th April. The surround was also sticking out at joins. Arranged to be collected 14th May as they would not arrange two collections on same day, therefore in all I would of had to remain in for 4 days. I then arranged with Customer care to cancel collection and I would take back the two fires to B & Q store 3 miles away to get my money back. Very very disappointed with the Quality control at Dimplex. Looking at pictures on web sight and finish is perfect as is the one on show in B & Q
burner1 - 8 months ago
bought the dimplex optymist 7 years ago had no problems just changed one bulb really looks great
Excellent Features and delivery
Parcher - 1 year ago
We bought this fire this week and we are very pleased with it, the fire looks so real and cannot stop looking at it and makes such a difference to our living room and so easy to put together. Would recommend this item to anyone thinking of buying this type of fire. Lovely!!
Realistic open fire effect
Chrispo1 - 1 year ago
We are really pleased with our purchase. Easy to install and a great fire effect. Our purchase was mainly for the fire effect although the heat it produces is impressive.
I have read reviews re the water consumption. We have no issues with that as our instructions said that the system will function on filtered tap water rather than distilled water. We bought a water filter For £7 which will filter many litres, ample to keep the reservoir topped up.
So far no issues with the product.
Would highly recommend.
Fire junkie - 1 year ago
Bought this fire three months ago and don't rate it at all. Opti mist uses around 2pints of water per day which has to be distilled water. The vapour from this water causes high humidity. Also when you use the heating elements of the fan heater , you lose the mist effect as the fan blows it away