See more Wall & Ceiling Paint
Farrow & Ball Cromarty no.285 Matt Estate emulsion paint 2.5L
This estate emulsion paint is suitable for and covers up to 35m² per 2.5 litres on average.
- Surface preparation:All surfaces to be painted must be sound, clean, dry & well prepared. The correct Farrow & Ball Primer & Undercoat should be used before the topcoat is applied. Stir contents well before use & apply two topcoats.
- Durability:Good durability
- All surfaces to be painted must be sound, clean, dry & well prepared. The correct Farrow & Ball Primer & Undercoat should be used before the topcoat is applied. Stir contents well before use & apply two topcoats.
Features and Benefits
This colour brings a muted softness to any room. A lighter version of Mizzle, it works beautifully when paired with Light Blue, or grouped with Blue Gray and Pigeon. Inspired by sea mist and named after the Cromarty Firth estuary, Scotland, a place of swirling mists mentioned daily in The Shipping Forecast, which is in itself part of the fabric of British coastal life. Mid Tones Primer & Undercoat.
- The paint finish that creates the signature look of Farrow & Ball. Suitable for use throughout the home on ceilings and walls, it has a chalky matt finish and unrivalled depth of colour. Its traditional formulation and ingredients haven't changed in decades and it has more pigment in every tin than other emulsions
- Signature, chalky matt finish
- Eco friendly, water-based formulation with low VOC content
- Water based & low odour
- Quick drying
- At B&Q we want you to be satisfied with your colour selection. Not all monitors will display colours the same and paint tins may not show the same colour as your walls do in natural light. We therefore recommend you order a tester pot online or pop in store to pick one up so you are sure that this is the right colour for you.
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Brand||Farrow & Ball|
|Application||Brush, roller or spray|
|Litre capacity (L)||2.5L|
|Colour description||Cromarty no.285|
|Coverage||Up to 35m² per 2.5 litres|
|Drying time||2 hours|
|Recoat time||2 hours|
|Recommended for||Ceilings & walls|
Lovely finish in the end
Practically - 1 year ago
Absolutely love the end result after using this paint. However, it's not cheap and took three coats using a paint pad. I was advised by a friend that only two coats required if using a roller, though I suspect I'm just not a very competent painter. Not too smelly to use and easy to wash off brushes.
The best thing about this paint is the depth of pigment. Getting the colour copied and mixed will give you a flat colour, but the F and B paint looks different in different lights and seems to have more depth to it. Everybody loves it.