See more Fire safety & smoke alarms
FireAngel SW1-R Optical Smoke Alarm with 1-year battery
This FireAngel smoke alarm uses an optical smoke sensor which is ideal for detecting slow burning fires. It requires a mains power supply but has a replaceable back-up battery which will protect your home during a power outage. This alarm can be hardwire interlinked to other SW1-R and HW1-R alarms in your home.
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Mains Powered
- Fittings & fixings included
Features and benefits
- The optical smoke sensor within the alarm will detect slow smouldering fires rapidly. For the quickest response search for FireAngel Thermoptek.
- Hardwire interlink multiple SW1-R smoke alarms and HW1-R heat alarms across the home - and when one sounds, they all sound.
- Supplied with a back-up battery which will alert you to fire during a power cut. This will last approximately 1 year and will then need to be replaced.
- Use the large central button to easily test and silence your alarm using a sweeping brush from below - no need for a step-ladder!
- Install on landings and in hallways, bedrooms and living spaces. For fire detection in your kitchen, attic or garage install a heat alarm.
- Get a peaceful nights' sleep using the SleepEasy mode - it will silence the end of life for 8 hours but if the alarm detects danger it will still alarm in full.
- Complies with the 2022 Scottish legislation.
|Standard||BS EN 14604:2005|
|Battery duration||1-year sealed|
|Battery name||9V (PP3)|
|Power source||Battery & mains-powered|
|Sound pressure level||85dB(A)|
Don’t be put off by the bad reviews
Newbie DIY - 3 months ago
Great product, easy to fit however you need to fit it to a junction box, this is mentioned in the instructions. There is also the option of getting the specific FireAngel junction box that will make it even easier to install.
Only for those who have a huge hole in ceiling
cooper29 - 6 months ago
Mains connector sticks out from base plate. To accommodate for this, one requires to drill a hole in wall / ceiling of 5 cm diameter and 5 cm depth. One needs a separate terminal block connector as well. This is not at all mentioned on the package.
A Wright - 1 year ago
Excellent product just what i needed, also happy with the price
Unable to attch to ceiling
Anonymous - 1 year ago
There is zero clearance between alarm and base plate, so unless you are prepared to cut a large hole in the ceiling or wall to allow for mains cable connection box and the supplied power connector, I would not recommend. I took mine back for a refund following conversation with Fireangel tech support. They state you should buy model SW1-PF-T for ceiling connection. Nothing on the box regarding this. B&Q were good about it though.