See more Toilet repair & fittings
Flomasta Plastic Ball Float valve Bottom entry ½"
- Manufacturer guarantee - 5 years
- Connection size: 12.7mm
- Remove cotter pin from float arm and fit arm to valve body. Push cotter pin through locating holes and ensure arm operates plunger via float level adjuster screw. Fit ball valve. Hand tighten the back nut and with a spanner, tighten a further three-quarter turn. Do not over tighten. Fit suitable ball float to thread on end of float arm. Check anti-siphon assembly is held securely by retaining nut. Turn on water supply. Allow cistern or tank to fill. Adjust water level by rotating the float level adjuster screw. The screw operates the plunger which opens and closes the valve. When correct water level is achieved, lock the adjusting screw in position by tightening hexagonal nut.
Features and benefits
½" bottom-entry plastic thread fill valve suitable for use with close-coupled toilets. Designed with silent fill technology
- Reduces noisy cistern refills compared to a standard fill valve, helping to keep disturbance to a minimum
- Suitable for use with both high and low pressure systems
- Giving confidence that this is the right product for any type of system
- Fully complies with all local market regulatory standards, ensuring the quality of the product
- This standard bottom entry valve is tested to 200,000 cycles
- This product fills a toilet quietly
|Connection size (imperial)||0.5"|
MarmiteKing - 9 months ago
I haven't bought one yet but will be doing so. I'm a rocket scientist therefore I will be unscrewing the old float and putting it on the new arm. I think it is wonderful that a manufacturer is making a system where you can recycle parts instead of sending all the old bits to landfill (and charging us for the new). Well done Flomasta.
Basic, good value but doesn't come with float!
Tallmat - 1 year ago
All similar valves have a small float to lift the valve arm as the water level rises, ultimately to shut-off supply when the tank is full. The instructions show a balloon type float as part of the assembly.
Yet no float in the pack. Same for all packs in the shop.
Nothing on the packaging to say it needs a float...
Otherwise it's fine but really annoying to have to find a float from somewhere. Hence only 3 stars.
Product works but nut is abysmal.
minionherder - 1 year ago
The nut to secure this under the cistern is a very large diameter nut, my adjustable spanner was unable to fit it had to go out buy another tool to fit it. (whilst family waited with crossed legs and no toilet).
Works and very customisable would probably fit most cisterns.