See more Sheds
Forest Garden Mixed softwood Raised bed kit
The beautifully crafted Large Timber Cold Frame from Forest has a generous amount of room that will house any plants that are ready to be moved out of the greenhouse and into your garden. Cold frames are used as the steppingstone for young plants between growing in a greenhouse to being transferred outdoors: if a plant is moved straight outside into the cold it can stunt its growth, so a cold frame is a great way to ease it into life in outside.
- Growing plants
Features and benefits
The acrylic glazing of this practical cold frame is a safer alternative to glass that still lets plenty of light and warmth through. The two independently opening lids each have a prop so you can work without completely opening the cold frame and exposing your plants. We recommend using a weed block fabric to prevent weeds from growing in your cold frame and capture even more warmth. The cold frame is manufactured using timber that has been Pressure Treated to give it a 15-year guarantee against rot.
- Perfect as a transitional stage between the greenhouse and planting outside
- Manufactured from Pressure Treated timber for a superior build
- Two independently opening lids allow you to easily access your plants
- Acrylic glazing is a safer alternative to glass
- For increased insulation and to deter weed, we recommend using a weed block fabric in the base of the cold frame
- Comes with full instructions for easy self-assembly
- If using to grow food produce, we recommend lining the bed/planter with a membrane before adding the soil
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Assembly required||Assembly required|
|Fittings & fixings included||Only fixings included|
|Frame material||Mixed softwood|