See more Single bowl sinks
Franke Ascona Polished Stainless steel Stainless steel 1 Bowl Sink & drainer
Number of bowls
- Only fixings included
- Comes with basket waste and overflow. Fixing clips are integrated on the sink.
- Clean regularly with normal detergent and warm water, buffing with a soft cloth will help give your steel sink an even sheen and prevent build-up of limescale. Stainless steel is designed to be low maintenance so there is no need for harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
- Minimum cabinet width: 500 mm
- Internal dimensions: Bowl size: (L) 860mm x (W) 510mm x (D) 175 mm
- Guarantee - 15 years
Features and benefits
An essential addition to any kitchen, this sink & drainer from Franke's Ascona range is made from sturdy stainless steel. It has 1.5 bowls, a reversible drainer and tap holes, so you can choose where to position your taps.
- Stainless Steel sinks are practical, durable and easy to maintain with the stresses of everyday use. They are highly resistant to chipping and cracking whilst looking stylish in your kitchen
- Minimum cabinet width: 500 mm
- Caring for your sink– Minor surface scratches are completely normal due to the natural properties of stainless steel. Cleaning regularly with normal detergent and warm water and buffing with a soft cloth will help give your steel sink an even sheen and prevent build-up of limescale. Stainless steel is designed to be low maintenance so there’s no need for harsh chemicals or abrasive materials
|Number of tap holes||1|
|Number of bowls||1|
Very Poor Quality - Fanke Ascona Sink
AnnCl2 - 2 years ago
Fanke Ascona Stainless Steel Sink (Franke Ascona 1 bowl Polished Stainless steel Sink & drainer)
This sink looks good but it's Very Poor Quality and it SCRATCHES EASILY
Bought it from B&Q and installed in my new kitchen which is not completed, but after less than a few months of using it lightly, my husband had to replace it with another sink because the scratches on it were so bad; it is covered with scratches and looks awful as if we have had it for more than 10 years. Very poor quality sink. By the way B&Q don't tell you that they will not replace this sink once it's been installed so bear this in mind as well.
Franke Ascona = Scratches
Specky - 2 years ago
My franke ascona stainless steel sink is made from seriously poor quality metal. It developed scratches overnight and that’s no joke. It’s just the wife and I who use it as you would any other sink however looking at this franke ascona sink day in day out has made me feel low in mood and ripped off.
I spoke to B&Q on a couple of occasions and they told me each time to bring it back to the store as I’ve had it less than one year. When I finally took it back to B&Q they now state that I should contact the manufacturer, which I will do because a kitchen sink should not deteriorate within weeks.
Franke claim to have a 50 year guarantee on their product’s box which I hope they will honour in some form.
I have already purchased a new sink from a different manufacturer who is the only one that I found with a product where dimensions matched size for size. The franke ascona sink is 860mm x 510mm therefore my worktop is cut to accommodate this size.
If there’s one thing you take from this review always check sizes carefully before buying because if you buy an odd size sink like the Ascona you may not even find a replacement to fit the hole in your worktop.
Avoid Franke’s Ascona because it’s a poor quality product and is an odd size. Buy yourself something of better quality (if you can find it now a days) and a standard size. I personally will never buy a Franke product again.