See more Wall & ceiling paint
GoodHome Feature wall Coachella Metallic effect Emulsion paint 2L
GoodHome metallic feature wall paint is perfect for creating a striking statement wall in your home
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Preparation is key to ensure the best finish for metallic paints. New plaster or plasterboard should be sealed with a plaster sealer. For non-powdery surfaces or to cover contrasting colours, prepare with a walls and ceilings primer. Painted surfaces should be sanded, clean and dry. Fill any holes or defects with filler. When sanding, wear a face mask to avoid dust inhalation
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Apply when the temperature is between 10°C and 30°C. Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, use a roller or mini roller and apply in a criss-cross pattern. Apply 2 coats leaving 4 hours in between coats.
Features and benefits
- Creates an eye-catching metallic effect on your walls
- This paint is water based meaning it is low odour and brushes can easily be cleaned in water
- Ensures good hiding power, depending on your selected colour and the surface you are painting
- We recommend applying a primer before colour top coat
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||8-12 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store any leftover paint between 5 and 30°C. Best used within 1 year of opening.|
|Maximum application temperature||30°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
SaffronCt - 1 month ago
I bought this together with some Dulux Matt Dark Blue to do stripes on our bedroom wall. I would agree with other reviews that you must stir the paint very very well but the results after 3 coats was stunning. Also used Frog tape to do the stripes and am very happy with all three products.
johnholl - 2 months ago
This paint is a waste of money and what ever you do do not buy it.
This paint is hard work
Islas gran - 2 months ago
This paint is very unforgiving; despite putting five coats on, the finish isn’t great and it marks very easy. Read the instructions because it’s not like any other emulsion. Check the temperature (we kept it in the house overnight so it wouldn’t be too cold when applying), stir it for about ten minutes and apply with a roller with diagonal strokes. There is no point in saving any leftover paint for touch ups because a) it has a limited shelf life once opened and b) any touched up areas will not blend in and will stand out like a sore thumb. I do like the effect but wouldn’t use it again.
I would not recommend this paint
A honest reviewer - 2 months ago
I mixed this well like the other reviews had suggested but there were still streaks on the wall. Although the colour is nice it's not uniform on the walls and I would not recommend it.
Great paint but takes some work!
ViggyM - 2 months ago
I used this on my dining room ceiling and it looks great but did take some work to get right. Firstly I rollered 2 coats of primer. I just used a very matt, powdery emulsion. Then I rollered 4 coats of this paint. After the first 2 it still looked like a browny, mustard baby poo colour but have faith! Two more coats, the final one just a light roll all in the same direction and it looks great. My dining room is fairly dark and has popcorn/leather textured Anaglypta on the ceiling so there were additional challenges to make sure it covered properly. The final colour is a muted, more burnished gold, almost bronze, so if you are after a metallic gold leaf look then this might not be the product for you. And like everyone else said... keep stirring!!