See more Wall & ceiling paint
GoodHome Feature wall Long beach Metallic effect Emulsion paint 2L
GoodHome metallic feature wall paint is perfect for creating a striking statement wall in your home
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Preparation is key to ensure the best finish for metallic paints. New plaster or plasterboard should be sealed with a plaster sealer. For non-powdery surfaces or to cover contrasting colours, prepare with a walls and ceilings primer. Painted surfaces should be sanded, clean and dry. Fill any holes or defects with filler. When sanding, wear a face mask to avoid dust inhalation
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Apply when the temperature is between 10°C and 30°C. Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, use a roller or mini roller and apply in a criss-cross pattern. Apply 2 coats leaving 4 hours in between coats.
Features and benefits
- Creates an eye-catching metallic effect on your walls
- This paint is water based meaning it is low odour and brushes can easily be cleaned in water
- Ensures good hiding power, depending on your selected colour and the surface you are painting
- We recommend applying a primer before colour top coat
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||8-12 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store any leftover paint between 5 and 30°C. Best used within 1 year of opening.|
|Maximum application temperature||30°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
Jorge198829 - 30 days ago
Love this paint, I read the reviews as some seemed to be quite negative. The paint is exactly what you would expect a paint full of shimmer to look like, when you open it the colour is on the top and shimmer underneath after a really really good mix round the paint combines perfectly. It needs putting on patiently and it's better with a roller so it can be as even as possible. It dries well and looks exactly like the tin. I put this onto fresh white lining paper. It's perfect. I would say be prepared to give 2 coats.
Metallic Paint is like painting with slime
Not a painter - 4 months ago
A real pain to paint with and even after stirring you get patchy sections. shows brush and roller marks. Now I have painted one wall I can't decide whether to paint over it with something else or try a couple more coats!
Rara81 - 5 months ago
So I ignored the negative reviews and bought this paint ! Big mistake . Prepped the walls applied as instructed and it showed every imperfection, was very patchy. I applied with roller and it showed roller marks up. Was a horrible old fashioned brown colour . Would not recommend at all.
Not for the first timers and people with OCD
LuceGoose - 5 months ago
I have bought this paint despite the terrible reviews. I tend to not always listen and try things to make my mind up and I'm glad I didn't listen. To be completely frank, they're all true. This is an awful paint to work with! But the end result is completely worth it. It's really beautiful and gives out a lovely shine. Definitely not for the whole room just one wall but be prepared that you spend the whole tub on that one wall. I have done 3 coats - you might need 4. After the first coat I wanted to cry and I swore at myself for not listening to the reviews but I went for the second one and then I saw it'll be all okay after another coat or two. I absolutely love the result and would definitely buy it again!!!
Very effective as feature wall
Anonymous - 6 months ago
I wouldn’t use this product as one colour on a wall but as a colour underneath with frog tape, it is amazing! It’s horrible to paint with and it needs a really good mix but I got there in the end, using it again for our bedroom next.