See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
GoodHome Liberty Flat matt Furniture paint, 500ml
GoodHome flat matt furniture paint will give you a velvety smooth, chalky finish perfect for transforming your interior furniture to suit your taste.
- Suitable for Furniture
- Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
- This paint is also safe for use on toys
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Streaky and shiny - AVOID
kjfksdjff - 21 days ago
This paint is really poor - it is in no way matt paint nor is it velvety. It is a thin, shiny paint that leaves brush marks and streaks even after a couple of coats. It's quick drying which is useful except that this then immediately causes loads of brush marks because you can't brush back over the bit you've just done to even out the finish. I'm going to have to get more paint from a different brand which is actually matt.
Lovely Matt paint
Mrs_b00 - 2 months ago
Really surprised at some of the reviews as this is a lovely Matt black furniture paint. Even with a semi gloss lacquer to finish it is still Matt. Can only assume people are wrongly picking a gloss/satin version of this paint. We prepped our furniture beforehand by sanding lightly and wiping with white spirits -leaving to dry before painting and it’s gone on well, no streaks, really nice deep black tone built up with 2-3 coats. All completed within one day.
Chip chip chip!! Avoid!!
Lorrainew1989 - 5 months ago
Bought this paint to do my sideboard. Looked great when I painted it. But noticed it was chipping very easily. Assumed it was just because it hadn’t cured. So left it a week before second coat. It needed a third in places. Left another week. Still chipped as soon as you touched it. So bought the Matt laquer to protect it.
Still chipping. Looks awful. Think I may have to remove it all and start again. Very disappointed
Lovely matt finish
DNW75 - 5 months ago
I bought this paint on a whim and absolutely am so impressed with it. It goes on easy, dries quickly and the finish is just gorgeous. I'm really impressed. Will try some other colours now.
First time used and love it
MillyMay148 - 5 months ago
I wanted a cheaper furniture paint because I got put off the normal more expensive one I buy. A lot of the reviews were bad saying it's not matt. I chanced it as I didn't want a complete matt look but I didn't want a glossy look.
On the photo it's only 2 coats. I agree it's not 100% matt but that's fine by me. If you want complete matt you need a chalk paint not this one. I loved how it applied and a little goes a long way with full coverage.