See more Multi-purpose compost
GoodHome Multi-purpose Compost 100L
This GoodHome multi-purpose compost is perfect for beds and borders, pots and hanging baskets. It locks in essential nutrients and moisture to help your crops flourish, use with our multi-purpose plant food for tastier fruit and vegetables and bigger blooms
- Growing plants in hanging baskets, pots and window boxes. Rooting cuttings and sowing seeds in seed trays and pots. Potting on seedlings and rooted cuttings
- 100% coir, green compost & composted bark
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This compost feeds for up to 8 weeks after planting
- This compost can be used in pots & planters
- This compost helps to reduce garden maintenance by retaining moisture in your soil
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Litre capacity (L)||100L|
petale - 5 days ago
Disappointed with this Not fine enough for potting on and has not been broken down enough had potatoes growing in it
Nic3973 - 8 days ago
First time ever this has let me down, never seen a poor quality of compost, very woody, very heavy as in not a fine mix, mushrooms growing in the compost after it’s been watered not happy very poor
Bulk order delivered on time
PEss - 13 days ago
Purchased a pallet full to bulk out. bed and to break up compacted soul. Also used in S mix to plant up seedlings. I see others comments on quality but I sieve mine to get finer consistency. Any bits left over put on garden compost for later. Good value and peat free.
Great Peat free option
DeeMan247 - 17 days ago
Better peat free option that actually retains moisture better than those with peat. We really have to preserve our peat bogs, so this is a great alternative.
Great Value, No Peat But Poor Product
Greenhouse Tom - 18 days ago
I bought this product a couple of months ago and have used it as a mulch in the garden. On flower borders it looked fine to begin with, until it rained when it became clear that it’s a poor quality product containing a strange fibrous material that doesn’t seem to be coir, green waste or composted bark. In the greenhouse it’s inferiority became clear where I extended the no dig bed, using this compost as a deep mulch. All the other tomato plants are a typical deep green colour, whereas the two nearest plants are a much paler green colour suggesting a nutrient deficiency. It is redeemed by being peat-free and is cheaply priced so does perhaps have a place in the garden, hence two stars, but is not for my garden.