See more Multi-purpose compost
GoodHome Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This GoodHome multi-purpose compost is perfect for beds and borders, pots and hanging baskets. It locks in essential nutrients and moisture to help your crops flourish, use with our multi-purpose plant food for tastier fruit and vegetables and bigger blooms
- Growing plants in hanging baskets, pots and window boxes. Rooting cuttings and sowing seeds in seed trays and pots. Potting on seedlings and rooted cuttings
- 100% coir, green compost & composted bark
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This compost feeds for up to 8 weeks after planting
- This compost can be used in pots & planters
- This compost helps to reduce garden maintenance by retaining moisture in your soil
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
Fungus and seedling fall
EvWppl - 17 days ago
My leek seeds sprouted but after a few days the roots didn't develope and they keeled over and died. Spindly fungi sprouted and white cotton wool fungus. I suspect they are using green bin compost which may contain contaminants like oil from chainsaws.
Not suitable for seeds
Jp2021 - 1 month ago
It’s supposed to be suitable for seeds and cuttings.
Cheap and Cheerful
Sophies Mum - 2 months ago
My 19 year old cat has just decided she wants to use a litter tray after always using the garden, its the only thing she will use. afterwards I recycle in the waste bin or around the garden, my garden is now 2 ft deeper :0) I've had no problems. cant say i found any glass, found bits of wood but id find that in my garden. Bit expensive for what I need but what can you do. I had it home delivered, no problems and drivers stick to Covid guidelines. Happy Customer and Cat here.
plants6t - 3 months ago
tried a bag of this as B&Q no longer have verve compost. WORST compost i have ever had feels very rough, full of bits of twigs and other rubbish, I have to take toad stools out of pots every day removed 25 today out of 20 pots. cuttings that have been repotted into it are not growing very well. Going to buy different compost and repot them before they die. Its RUBBISH do not buy. Did not realise could add photos until writing review. to late now have binned toadstools or would have shown a good crop.would give 0 rating if i could
Maccie23 - 4 months ago
Re-potted my plants. There was no mould or mushrooms before I used this. Now they all have mould and mushrooms sprouting. Hope this doesn't kill everything!