See more Multi-purpose compost
GoodHome Peat-free Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This GoodHome multi-purpose compost is perfect for beds and borders, pots and hanging baskets. It locks in essential nutrients and moisture to help your crops flourish, use with our multi-purpose plant food for tastier fruit and vegetables and bigger blooms
- Growing plants in hanging baskets, pots and window boxes. Rooting cuttings and sowing seeds in seed trays and pots. Potting on seedlings and rooted cuttings
- 100% coir, green compost & composted bark
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This compost feeds for up to 8 weeks after planting
- This compost can be used in pots & planters
- This compost helps to reduce garden maintenance by retaining moisture in your soil
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
LauraInWales - 13 days ago
I had no problems with this compost. I used it for seedlings and pots - all grew beautifully. I’ve bought several bags of this now and consistently worked as it should. Great product (and peat-free)!
susym - 15 days ago
Very disappointing product. I was initially pleased to see peat free compost and my seedlings did germinate. But that's where they stopped growing, then started yellowing. Like others have said, seems to have no nutritional value. Maybe ok for bolstering outdoor beds but totally useless for any stages after germination.
KennyF - 16 days ago
I bout this and I have to say I really like it, plants are growing away really well. An added bonus, when ii was using it a bee landed on the bag obviously thinking it was a flower…
excellent peat-free alternative
LukeP1 - 18 days ago
have been using GoodHome peat-free compost for a couple of years now and find it a perfect alternative to peat for all my green-house/general gardening needs(growing from seed/potting on/mulching etc). I will continue to use this product.
lasttry - 21 days ago
Everything I planted in this compost has turned yellow and sick. Had to throw my tomatoes seedlings away and buy young plants from a garden centre