See more Wood Furniture Paint & Treatments
GoodHome Toronto Satin Furniture paint, 0.5L
Our stores do not stock this product
GoodHome satin finish paint will give you a silky smooth, mid sheen feel to transform your interior furniture. This paint is also safe for use on toys
- Coverage: 12m²
- Prepare wood by removing wax and oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces.
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer.
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Product type||Furniture paint|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Suitable for||Melamine & wood|
|Suitable surface||Ceilings & walls|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
So Bad, I can only assume it's faulty.
Jon625 - 3 months ago
When I opened the tin, it only looked about 80% full, and hen I used it, I'd say it was, by.a long way, the worst paint I've used in 40 years of decorating. I was painting a kitchen table and as I wanted a good finish, I took extra care over the preparation, sanding carefully, tack ragging and degreasing. When the paint went on, it was very viscous and whilst it was drying, it drew back as it would on a greasy surface. It also cracked, scaled, and even after two coats, left full and rough patches. It was so unbelievably bad I can only assume it's faulty. There is no possibility my technique was at fault, and if the paint isn't defective it simply should not be on sale. Very, very disappointing.
The photo shows the paint details, I'd like someone from B&Q to comment.
This product was great
Workalot - 10 months ago
We did our kitchen cupboards they look great the young man in store was very helpful
Fantastic smooth paint
Kiz426 - 1 year ago
I brought this originally to paint my fire surround, after painting the surround I was so impressed with how smooth the finish was I decided to paint my chairs and table. It has absolutely transformed it and I couldn't be more pleased. 2 thin coats are sufficient enough for brilliant coverage and it doesn't mark easy like other furniture paint I've tried and its a brilliant price.