See more Plywood
Hardwood Plywood Sheet (Th)18mm (W)610mm (L)1220mm
- This product is suitable for general joinery, shelving, boxing in, signage, fascia's and soffits, van and trailer linings, huts, garages, sheds, external joinery, temporary structures, packing cases, bins, vehicle building, benches, shelving and concrete formwork.
- Prior to external installation, it is recommended that all faces & edges are sealed with an approved sealant
Features and Benefits
Plywood is a warm and beautiful material. Its raw material, wood, is a renewable natural resource and one of the construction materials that has been awarded environmental certification. Plywood is strong, its surface durable, easy to work with and easy to handle. This makes it an excellent general-purpose construction panel. It is a cross-layered timber veneered panel with a smooth sanded surface. This product is suitable for structural use
- Ideal for use in general joinery, shelving, boxing in, signage, fascia's and soffits, van and trailer linings, huts, garages, sheds, external joinery, temporary structures, packing cases, bins, vehicle building, benches, shelving and concrete formwork.
- Use as external wall panels and claddings but only when edge sealed.
- Made using responsibly sourced, Forest Friendly timber
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|CE approved||CE approved|
|Location||Indoor - Can be used externally when all edges and faces are sealed|
|Timber approval||FSC® approved|
simon0511 - 3 days ago
Have not worked with this in past, so pleased with smooth surface and ability to finish.
Joiner1969 - 4 days ago
This is not exclusive of B&Q. The fact is, you can’t buy decent ply anymore, unless you spend a fortune on birch or marine ply.
It is, however, vastly overpriced compared to other suppliers putting out the same rubbish.
It’s a shame really, B&Q were the last supplier to stock ‘proper plywood’ and I didn’t mind paying a tenner a sheet more for decent stuff.
Do yourself a favour, especially if it’s for outdoor use, buy marine ply. You’ll pay double but you won’t be doing the job again in 6 months time.
Joelev22 - 5 days ago
I used this product to build a home theater cabinet. I found it to be of very good quality. It stained nicely with a beautiful grain. I would purchase it again
Worst plywood I ever seen!
Nuno - 8 days ago
As others have stated in the reviews, It's not hardwood throughout. It actually says that in the label, in another language. even by the weight of the thing you can tell it's not hardwood. Huge voids inside, bend and separate easily. And in my case, the cutting service was deplorably bad. Definitely a product to avoid.
Poor Quality and Not Hardwood
morethanadiyer - 20 days ago
I bought 2 lots of 9mm 8' x 4' sheets recently from B&Q Trafford Park, Greater Manchester and they are terrible. Bent like bananas, long voids when cut and the edges are delaminating. It looks like just the face is hardwood with a softwood interior. I don't know what glue they use, but I would say flour and water is probably better.
I bought this a few years ago and it was clearly hardwood throughout (I still have some offcuts left from last time complete with the B&Q stickers) and the sheets were well made and straight - and much heavier.
Looks like they have changed suppliers. Avoid unless you want to waste your money.