See more Squares
Magnusson 10" Rafter square
This Magnusson rafter square is made from hard wearing steel. It's perfect for detailed DIY tasks that need to be accurately measured.
- Lifetime Guarantee
Features and benefits
- Durable aluminium alloy construction makes this tool hard-wearing and durable
- Precision cast markings for ease of use, thus giving accurate measurements
- Punched marking application for accurate reading of measurements
Useful as a cutting guide
rich1162 - 4 months ago
I’ve been using this as a guide for my circular saw rather than as a rafter square, so I can’t comment on its accuracy for that use. As a basic woodworking tool for ensuring straight cuts, it’s been very good.
Almost useless as a rafter square!
Grant Crawley - 2 years ago
This tool is sold as a rafter square, however there are some very significant shortcomings in the design which make it's performance of that function very poor.
1. There is no measurement scale for length along the 90 deg edge
2. There is no hole or slot to line-up/mark at 3.5 inches, which is needed to mark up purlin notches
3. There are no holes or notches for marking 1/4 inch lines
4. The cutouts are quite rough along the inside edges
There were some good points:
1. The quality of the finish was generally good other than the rough cutouts
2. It was square and accurately marked for angles