We remain open and here to help. Safety remains our priority so we urge you to follow the Government’s guidelines and to shop responsibly.
See more Wall mounted handrails
Modern Brushed Stainless steel Rounded Handrail kit, (L)3.6m (W)40mm
Update your décor with this 3.6m long rounded stainless steel handrail, ideal for adding a stylistic, modern aesthetic to your home interior
- Comes with Includes 3x (L)1.2m by (D)40mm tubes, 2x wall brackets, 2x connecting wall brackets & 2x shallow end caps
Features and benefits
- Easy to assemble
Beautiful sturdy handrail
Caryn - 4 months ago
The handrail is beautiful with a sleek modern look and matches the other items in our hall and stairs. It was relatively easy to install, once we also bought a laser level! We did need one and will use again, but my husband was struggling to get the straight line as I wouldnt let him draw a pencil line on my newly painted wall! If you are happy to do this I'm sure you can manage without the laser level. Now it's up it is very sturdy and I'm so pleased with it. Very good price and free delivery too!
DIYlockdownsteve - 6 months ago
Started following instructions, then worked out for myself the best way. Didn't use fixings supplied, instead brown Rawlplug and 2x10 screws. Was easier with a bit of help, just needed that extra pair of hands.
Suke - 11 months ago
Must better than the old wooden one we used to have.
A very good product - recommended.
mikewinf - 11 months ago
I have added this hand rail to provide a 2nd hand rail to our stairway to assist my elderly father and reduce fall risks on the stairs. It is a well designed product and manufactured to a very high standard. All stair rails of this type are a challenge to fit well and our installation is no exception.
Some fitting tips from me:
1. As previously mentioned by another reviewer use chalk to mark the fitting line on the wall.
2. Use a spirit level with an angle finder to ensure fitting accuracy especially if you are adding as a 2nd rail - this way you can ensure the existing and new rails have matching angles.
3. Use good and appropriate screws. the supplied screws are only just ok if screwing into solid walls. 3 off my supports were screwed to drylined block wall. I used 70mm screws to ensure engagement in the dry lining and blocks. The 4th support is attached to plasterboard only so the highest grade (Fischer) plasterboard fasteners were used.
4. Tape can be used to hold back the cover plates on the supports whilst fitting to keep them out of the way.
The only negative point - Rothley could replace the polystyrene packaging with die cut cardboard for environmental reasons. Also use less polythene - stainless steel does not need it.
Preparation, Preparation, Preparation!
Anonymous - 1 year ago
Bought this product to put into newly decorated hallway, bought it because it looked sleek. Read a few reviews about it being difficult to put up, but managed it by myself, not without a few blips though! My biggest piece of advice is to use a chalk line to mark where the bracket will go. Measuring and drawing a pencil mark is such hard work and unnecessary. took about an hour on my own, and relatively straight forward once I ditched the hard to understand instructions. as everyone else has said, the supplied wall plugs are useless, get your own! I used plasterboard screws for the hollow wall and normal wall plugs for the solid wall, it looks great and is well put together. I'm very pleased.