See more Petrol lawnmowers
Mountfield SP185 125cc Petrol Rotary Lawnmower
- This machine is designed and built to cut and collect grass in gardens and grassy areas driven by an operator walking behind it. The 46cm cutting width makes light work of medium sized lawns and with six different cutting heights to choose from, means all grass lengths can be tackled. This machine can: 1. Mow the grass and collect it in the grass catcher bag. 2. Mow the grass and discharge it on the ground through the rear part (if available). 3. Mow the grass, chop it and discharge it on the ground (mulching effect).
- If the machine is not going to be used for 28 days or more please drain all fuel from the machine. Stale fuel can cause damage to the carburettor. Clean the machine of grass clippings before storage. Never tip the mower onto its side as this will flood the air filter. with oil. Inspect the cutter blade for damage, check safety devices and guards, check all nuts, bolts and screws are secure
- Comes with Mulching plug
- Cutting width - 440mm
- Blade type - Standard
Features and benefits
Powered by Briggs & Stratton 300 series OHV 125cc engine, this self propelled lawnmower is ideal for maintaining your lawn with minimum effort
- Reliable, easy starting engine
- This powder coated steel cutter deck is robust and hard wearing
- Mulching plug finely cuts grass timinings into a nitrogen-rich mulch which is recycled back into the lawn as a natural fertiliser
- Self propelled, ideal for maintaining your lawn with minimum effort, particularly if your lawn has slopes
- A 2 year warranty plus a dedicated service link aftersales support and advice helpline with a network of garden machinery repair specialists available on 0800 121 6585
|Manufacturer guarantee||2 years|
|Cutting blade size||460mm|
|Engine manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine model||300 Series OHV|
|Fuel tank capacity||0.75L|
|Rear roller||Without rear roller|
|Start facility||Recoil start|
Jmillson - 2 months ago
Cuts my grass perfect every time. It’s easy for me. Easy to put together and loads of different grass lengths to cut from, easy pull system too.
Simba100 - 7 months ago
Had this mower for 3 months. A bit apprehensive about getting this after having a Honda. However I am very pleased with the quality of the cut which is great. Yes it sounds a bit more metallic than the Honda but it had a plastic body whereas this is metal. Never had any problems with longer grass, lack of power or the speed of the self propulsion. Mulshing does need short grass or it does drop clumps. All that said it’s equally as good as a new more expensive make and I am pleased I chose this one.
Does a perfect job.
Sam R - 7 months ago
Very pleased with mine.. Does exactly what I need it to do. Looks nice and chunky.
Was ok, Read review for better understanding
Jim1112 - 9 months ago
I have had a Mountfield mower for 17 years was always a good mower and for the price tag of around 1000 back then it was a very top end model and showed with its constant good cutting with hardly ever any issues over the years, Unfortunately it died a death during the lockdown and not being able to buy a top model I bought this one today for the price its ok maybe a little more than what it is worth in my opinion,but having said that it was an easy ish cut even though the grass was much longer than I would normally let it grow but it cut it without much of an issue slight drop in power when a large bit of grass got cut now and then.
I feel that for a smaller garden this would work well but I don't see it lasting for many years with a garden of my size so will have to upgrade when in a better position.
Also it said about having the mulching plug (which it does) but I can honestly say that this mower would not be powerful enough to mulch nor is the blade that it comes with the correct type to mulch either, So on that note I would recommend looking at another model if mulching is something you want out of your mower because this one just won't cut it :D
Lastly there is the rate of speed from the self propelled mode even on my slight slope its just a little to quick and then it don't cut well due to the power being low anyway as soon as you use the mode it cut is affected and the speed means you end up going back down to finish the cut with another pass which is time consuming.
Overall small to medium size gardens this would be fine medium to large and you will be buying another model within a couple of years as i see this not lasting especially if you have an uneven plot to cut.
Anonymous - 9 months ago
Rubbish product it has little power and the slightest tuft of long grass stops the engine , the drive wheels are virtualy smooth causing lack of traction making the spinning wheels cut tracks in your lawn ... best avoid this model