See more Multi-purpose compost
Verve Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This multipurpose compost is suitable use all around the garden. ideal for use in pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders.
- A great all-rounder, this compost is a blend of quality ingredients, and balanced fertiliser to encourage healthy growth.
- 100% peat, coir & green compost
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This hearty mix won’t suit acid-loving plants such as Rhododendrons, Heathers, Azaleas, Japanese Acers, and Camellias
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Designed to give plants & seeds a great start when first sowed
- Verve's award winning multi purpose compost has all the ingredients to let your flowers, seeds and cuttings feast, flourish and grow - for up to 6 weeks
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use. Keep packaging away from babies or children to avoid danger of suffocation. Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Ensure you can handle this product without difficulty if you are prone to allergies
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
MrsC208 - 2 days ago
I nearly always buy my compost from B&Q but the last lot I had was awful quality. There were lots of pieces of string and other materials that had not composted down enough and it does not maintain moisture like normal compost. It has affected the quality of my flowers and vegetables that I planted. Very disappointed. Reluctant to buy again.
Nice and clean
CamHM - 4 days ago
I was very afraid of buying this as I saw all the negative reviews. I didn't even touch it for a while but I opened it yesterday, was pleasantly surprised that it was airy and clean, no rubbish found in it unlike similar products I bought elsewhere. Yes it uses peat, and if it is bad for the environment they should phase out its use, which I believe all brands are doing right now.
I am quite happy with this product, but maybe different batches have differenti qualities?
Waste of money
Olblueyes - 8 days ago
Fortunately I only bought one bag. When I opened it I couldn't believe how awful it was. I used it as a mulch and bought some Erin from my local garden centre. Take my advice and avoid this rubbish.
Ronnie1139 - 8 days ago
I also have bought this for years and it has been great ..But this year it is awful full of fibrous rubbish.
Younggardenlady - 9 days ago
A few bits of wood, but I just took them out, holds water well, my plants seem happy in it, and are growing well.