See more Garden storage
Tri-metals Protect a cycle Metal 6x3 Bike store
DiscontinuedUnfortunately, we no longer stock this item.
This Protect a cycle 6x3 metal bike store is great for securely storing up to three adult bikes.
- Comes with Two stainless steel hasp/staples, three high security padlocks, internal security cable and ground anchor
Features and benefits
This bike store has been tested and certified by the Loss Prevention Certification Board and awarded the LPS1175 Security Rating 1 and in addition has achieved the Police SBD mark (Secure By Design) "Preferred Police Specification"
- Comes with: Integral metal floor
- Accessories included: Two stainless steel hasp/staples, three high security padlocks, internal security cable and ground anchor
- Internal size metric: (H)1.29 x (W)1.8 x (D)0.84m
- This bike store is supplied with comprehensive fitting instructions and fixings provided. 2 people required to build this bike store
- We recommend that bike stores are sited on pre-laid, level, solid and dry ground, with a foundation of either concrete or paving to give a stable and even footing.
- Choosing to cycle can help to build a more active lifestyle.
- The dimensions given refer to the external dimensions of the product unless otherwise stated.
|Locking mechanism||Hasp & staple|
Worth the effort
Rookie2 - 4 years ago
The product is great but installation taxed us to the limits of our capabilities. Very complicated and more than we were prepared for. In particular, we had expected to be able to use a base of paving slabs, but ended up hiring a concrete mixer ... parts of the store are very heavy, too much for elderly folk like us, we were glad we had a young neighbour to call on. So, lovely shed and quite an achievement! Pleased that locks were included. Quite hard to fit in the three bikes. Can't take a photo, raining too hard.
Secure Bike Store
Hard shoulder - 4 years ago
I bought this store as my wife was fed up with 6 bikes in the garage. It might seem a costly item but then you invariably get what you pay for. It was not an easy build, but apart from putting the roof on, it can be completed by one person with a reasonable tool kit, in 6-8 hours. I made a couple of school boy errors so it took me a little longer than it otherwise might have. The roof however was bit of a so and so. It took 3 of us and quite a lot of WD40 to get it to slide into position. Very pleased with the finished item - it looks good and 2 road bikes and a mtb are pleased with their new home.
Building the Bike Shed
BEXBONZO - 6 years ago
It took me about a week to build the Bike Shed in two to three hour sessions. Now complete I am pleased with it. The only thing I found tiresome was the Assembly Guide which was rather like a photo copy of a photo copy. Difficult to follow because of the poor graphics.
Excellent, once built
MIG1 - 6 years ago
Once assembled this metal storage shed is excellent. I have got my mountain bike and 2 kids bikes in it. There is room for a road bike too but I think my 29" hybrid might be a bit of a tight fit. Seems very robust and looks good. Be aware it takes 4 to 5 hours to build and requires 2 adults to slide the roof into place. Have a flat base to put in on or it won't go together properly. The instructions are reasonable but do not attempt to assemble this if you are a novice at self assembly. I used spanners, a socket set and an electric screwdriver to speed things up but still took ages to assemble - but was worth the effort. Come with a ground anchor, 3 heavy duty padlocks and a bike cable.
Excellent product and clear insructions
NottinghamKeith - 7 years ago
Very solid. Construction took quite a while but no difficulty following the instructions. Most can be done with just one person - but help required to fix the lid and to move to final position. Looks good as well as giving security.