See more Insulation boards & cavity slabs
Rockwool Acoustic Cavity slab (L)1.2m (W)0.4m (T)100mm, Pack of 6
This stone wool insulation is sound insulation for internal walls and floors.
- CE marked
- Sound Insulation for internal walls and floors
Features and benefits
- Outstanding acoustic properties, absorbs sound waves and dampens vibrations
- Best in class fire resistance and withstands temperatures of over 1,000C.
- Features the patented ROCKWOOL FLEXI Edge, for quick and easy fitting
- Highly stable and durable - works for the life time of the building
- Environmentally friendly. Made from abundant, naturally occurring volcanic rock which is 97% recyclable
|Standard||BS EN 13162:2012|
|Model name/number||Sound Slab|
Excellent product - read fully
Karol Builds Himself - 6 months ago
This is excellent product, negative reviews were about size or they wanted product by itself to block all noise. I decided to try it out as I had new born child and our bedroom is above living room. My wife was complaining about the noise waking up our child.
So what I did. I removed floor in bedroom completely, used 100mm rockwool (B&Q has low stocks so I used 50mm one as well but double layer it) then over it I put 18mm OBS boards and over it I have put vinyl panels (they have good sound insulation as well). It was already great but there was bit noise in the room where other kids were playing downstairs so I located cause which was big gap under the door. I just used pine wood and made a gap only 2mm. Now this room is very quite. rockwwol is doing its job so good that I now am soundproofing every room upstairs. Only issue is lack of rockwool in B&Q so I have to do one room at the time.
Fred8899 - 7 months ago
I bought this to use a sound insulation, filling in an entire window for my home recording studio. It blocked out a great deal of sound, was very easy to work with and is very good quality.
Covers 2.88m2 per pack
ChipsNFish - 1 year ago
The description is wrong. The 100mm rockwool covers 2.88m2 per pack. Each piece is 1200x400 and you get 6.
STATED COVERAGE OF 8.64m² IS INCORRECT
ARITH MATIC - 1 year ago
STATED COVERAGE OF 8.64m² IS INCORRECT 1.2 x 0.4 x 6 =