See more Wood varnish
Ronseal Yacht Varnish Clear Gloss Window frames Wood varnish, 2.5L
Sold & shipped by B&Q
This clear yacht varnish from Ronseal can be applied to exterior using a brush. The varnish takes 4 hours to dry and will cover up to 16 m² per litre on average.
- Tough traditional varnish
- Surface Preparation - Make sure your wood is dry before you begin. Choose a day that’s reasonably warm (above 10°c) and dry. This varnish isn’t suitable for decking though. How to prepare wood for varnishing: You will need to remove old stain or varnish by sanding it down. Use 120 grit sandpaper and sand away the old finish. Wipe down the surface with white spirit and a cloth to remove the leftover dust. If your wood is brand new, you will need to sand it to remove loose wood and clean with white spirit.
- Instructions for Use - Thoroughly stir your varnish to make sure it’s smooth and there’s no lumpy bits. Test it on a small patch of your door. It’s clear varnish but it may still darken the natural colour of your wood so make sure you’re happy with it. If you are, start painting with a brush. Go in the direction of the grain and for best results, apply two or three coats. Wait eight hours between each coat. Before you apply your last coat, lightly sand the surface and use white spirit to remove the excess dust. This will give you a nice smooth finish. Your last coat will be dry in four hours.
Features and benefits
- Long lasting protection
- Waterproofs and protects from the sun
- Perfect for wood that is outside all year round, such as windows and front doors, this yacht varnish from Ronseal will protect them for longer. It's a traditional varnish that's tougher than any other exterior varnish, and will prevent your wood from greying over time, and is flexible so won't crack, blister or peel.
- Highlights wood’s natural colour
- Prevents wood from greying over time
- Varnishes up to 16m2 per litre
- Use it on smooth exterior wood like doors and windows
- Contains cobalt bis(2-ethylhexanoate) and 2-butanone oxime. May produce an allergic reaction. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Drying time||4 h|
|Recoat time||8 hours|