Rooftrade Black Bitumen Mastic 5L
[This is a block of tabs..]
Features and Benefits
- ROOFTRADE Trowel Applied Bitumen Mastic is used for filling joints, cracks and splits in roofing and building materials including roofing felt, asphalt, concrete, asbestos cement and metallic guttering and drainpipes. It is resistant to water penetration immediately after application and is ideally suited for maintenance and remedial work.
- After use replace the lid to ensure an airtight seal. Shelf life is indefinite if container is kept sealed and is stored in a dry area at temperatures between 8°C and 25°C.
- Surface preparation: Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease, dirt and organic growth. Organic growth such as moss and lichen can be removed using Fungicidal Wash. Bolt heads on roof sheets should be wired brushed to remove rust before being sealed with Trowel Applied Bitumen Mastic. Porous surfaces should be primed with ROOFTRADE Bitumen Primer in order to seal the surface and allowed to dry thoroughly."
- Application: In order to assist application, tools can be lubricated with white spirit or paraffin. Apply Trowel Applied Bitumen Mastic by trowel or putty knife, forcing material into cracks and joints and smoothing out on either side. Cracks or joints of more than 3mm should be reinforced with glass fibre scrim and covered with a second application of mastic. Drying time depends on weather conditions and film thickness. Heavy applications will result in extended drying time.
|Drying time||24 hours|
|Durability||Life of the roofing felt|
|Application||In order to assist application, tools can be lubricated with white spirit or paraffin. Apply Trowel Applied Bitumen Mastic by trowel or putty knife, forcing material into cracks and joints and smoothing out on either side. Cracks or joints of more than 3mm should be reinforced with glass fibre scrim and covered with a second application of mastic. Drying time depends on weather conditions and film thickness. Heavy applications will result in extended drying time.|
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Help & Advice
How to guides
While it can be tempting to get painting as soon as possible when you want to decorate a room, it’s worth taking the time to make sure your room and surfaces are best prepared before you begin. Getting the preparation right is crucial to achieving the perfect finish. It’ll also help to keep things neater and cleaner, and reduce the need for additional coats of paint. No paint can completely cover dirty or uneven surfaces, so tackling this at the start of the project avoids the need for extra work later on.
In this guide we’ll walk you through the most important steps to take, and show you how to;
- Empty your room ready for decorating, and protect fixtures and fittings you aren't painting
- Clean your walls to help paint adhere
- Fill holes and cracks and smooth your walls for the best possible finish
- Prime stained surfaces or those which have not been painted before
Once you've completed these tasks you should have a smooth, even surface ready to be painted.
Choose a convenient delivery date on 1000s of products
45 day returns policy
Arrange collection or return to store.Customer support team - 0333 014 3357
Free delivery on standard orders over £50
Excludes Large and Bulk delivery