See more Wood Furniture Paint & Treatments
Rust-Oleum Dark brown Matt Furniture Finishing wax, 0.4L
Our stores do not stock this product
Rust-Oleum furniture dark brown finishing wax is a dark, antiquing wax polish that gives the object a distressed, aged finish. Use over Rust-Oleum chalky finish furniture paint to protect and enhance the paint finish. It is easy to apply by brush or rag and dries with a soft, velvety sheen.
- To be applied over Rust-Oleum furniture paint. Ensure the surface that is to be coated is clean, dry, sound and free from contamination.
- Apply sparingly in small areas at a time with a brush or soft cloth. Allow to dry for 10 minutes then buff with a soft cloth to the desired sheen level. To obtain a higher sheen level apply a second coat of wax.
Features and benefits
- The wax finish ensures the paint finish is water-repellent and seals against stains and marks
- Protects and enhances the product it is applied on
- Made from natural waxes
- Seals painted finish against stains and marks
- Ensures painted surface is water repellent
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Product type||Finishing wax|
|Recoat time||30 minutes|
|Application method||Brush or cloth|
|Suitable for||Brick, metal, plaster, plastic, stone & wood|
Beware the rust in the bottom
Jennyeccles - 2 years ago
I love the wax, what I dont like is the rust in the bottom of every single tin! I end up throwing away at least 10% as the brown bits of rust ruin what I have painted. Ive taken this up with the supplier themselves who sent me a new tin....only to find the same rust. I have now used at least 10 tins of this as I love the wax........but knowing I would be throwing away at least 10%. Ill be using Annie Sloan again as the manufacturer doesn't seem that bothered.
Lovebird37 - 3 years ago
I purchased this product to fix the 'Chalk White' chalk paint I had bought from this supplier. The colour example on the front of the tin shows dark brown. When opened the wax again looks dark brown. To my horror when applied over white it has turned the 2 side tables I has painted 'BLUE' If I had wanted blue tables I would have painted them blue. I am so disappointed with this wax I will never purchase it again. I will stick to Annie Sloane in the future!!!!!