See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
Rust-Oleum Hessian Satin Furniture paint, 750ml
Rust-Oleum satin finish furniture paint adds a timeless mid-sheen lustre to any piece of furniture. The superior silk touch satin finish comes in an elegant palette of soothing shades and has been carefully curated to enhance contemporary interiors. It is 'Toy Safe' to toy standard testing: BS EN 71-3: 2013 + A1:2014. Migration of Certain Elements
- Suitable for Furniture
- Does not require any priming or sanding on most surfaces, simply ensure the surfaces are smooth, dry and free from contaminants. For best results, remove any wax or oil from the surface and if wax is used then clean the surface thoroughly with white spirit. It is recommended that bare wood should be sanded before painting. Finish with a layer of Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax or Rust-Oleum furniture lacquer for protection
- Stir the product thoroughly prior to use. It may be applied with a brush or roller. If applying with a brush, apply evenly following the grain of the wood. If rolling, use a short nap mohair roller. To create a distressed look, apply 2 coats in contrasting colours. Allow to dry and then lightly abrade with moistened sand paper or a stainless steel scouring pad. Subsequently abrade with the grain of the wood. Protect the paint effect with Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Virtually odourless
- It is highly concentrated and offers exceptional coverage in one coat
- Works great over old paint and varnish
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||4-6 h|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
JD2021 - 6 months ago
Good paint - easy to use and dries quickly. But the colour is not hessian - more like a parchment or very pale putty. I have also just realised I will need to use 2-3 coats of the satin clear sealer to protect my bureau. But happy enough with the result.
Brilliant paint for upcycling furniture
Ali26 - 9 months ago
I fell out of love with my old tv unit but before buying a new one i thought id give upcycling a go.well iv fell back in love with it due to this paint.the colour is gorgeous ,it went on really well and even a small tin goes such a long way ,iv more than half left in the tin after finishing my tv unit .very pleased.
Lou1963 - 9 months ago
I bought this to revamp some dated pine furniture and I could not be more pleased with the result. A little goes a long way. I finished with a layer of matt spray lacquer for added protection. My furniture has a brand new look for a fraction of the cost of buying new. Buy a tester though, as the colours on the card and on display in store aren’t a true representation.
Lodge55 - 10 months ago
I've never done anything like this before. So impressed at how easy it was to use. Exactly does what it says on the tin
Suuuueeee - 1 year ago
Perfect coverage and colour. Applied with a roller as I prefer a smoother finish.