See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
Rust-Oleum Sage Satin Furniture paint, 750ml
Rust-Oleum satin finish furniture paint adds a timeless mid-sheen lustre to any piece of furniture. The superior silk touch satin finish comes in an elegant palette of soothing shades and has been carefully curated to enhance contemporary interiors. It is 'Toy Safe' to toy standard testing: BS EN 71-3: 2013 + A1:2014. Migration of Certain Elements
- Suitable for Furniture
- Does not require any priming or sanding on most surfaces, simply ensure the surfaces are smooth, dry and free from contaminants. For best results, remove any wax or oil from the surface and if wax is used then clean the surface thoroughly with white spirit. It is recommended that bare wood should be sanded before painting. Finish with a layer of Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax or Rust-Oleum furniture lacquer for protection
- Stir the product thoroughly prior to use. It may be applied with a brush or roller. If applying with a brush, apply evenly following the grain of the wood. If rolling, use a short nap mohair roller. To create a distressed look, apply 2 coats in contrasting colours. Allow to dry and then lightly abrade with moistened sand paper or a stainless steel scouring pad. Subsequently abrade with the grain of the wood. Protect the paint effect with Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Virtually odourless
- It is highly concentrated and offers exceptional coverage in one coat
- Works great over old paint and varnish
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||4-6 h|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
Literally not even close to the same colour
Notsage - 10 months ago
I was after a colour like the picture, ended up with a pale green which doesn't suit what I want it for.
Not quite the colour shown on the tin
OMCD - 10 months ago
Good quality paint and nice finish. Bought it to match another piece of furniture but is not quite the colour shown in the picture or even on the tin - it's lighter and has a more yellow tint to it.
Sarahh7007 - 11 months ago
I bought this for upcycling after spending a fortune on expensive brands of chalk paint. I wanted something with no top coat or primer req. I used this on a large tv cabinet and it went on like a dream. I'm currently using it on another small sideboard, the same tin! It's thick and a little tip.. Use a mister bottle (not a spray bottle) on your brush or roller and you'll get a lovely smooth finish. The tin goes far and this green is gorgeous though lighter than in the image. Definitely use again.