See more Wood varnish
Rustins Shellac Sanding Sealer - 1ltr
Sold & shipped by Rustins Limited
Manufactured from Pure Shellac with a special additive included to facilitate sanding when dry. It is also used to seal wood before waxing and to seal wood dyes to prevent bleeding.
- Guarantee - Statutory
- Instructions for Use - Apply liberally with a soft brush or pad and allow to dry. Rub down lightly with glass paper before applying a second coat. When used as a finish rub with 00 or 000 steel wool and wax polish finishing with a soft cloth or yellow duster.
- Surface Preparation - Wood should be clean and smooth. If grain is open, fill with Rustins Grain filler. Furniture that is to be renovated should be cleaned with white spirit and fine wire wool to ensure that it is free from grease and wax
- Suitable for Wood
- Seals wood
Features and benefits
Suitable for sealing all types of wood prior to French Polishing, before waxing or as a finish in its own right.
- Pure Shellac
- Ideal for turned wood & marquetry
- Suitable for all types of wood
- Seals wood dye to prevent bleeding
- Seals wood before waxing
- Highly Flammable. Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Keep out of reach of children. Keep container tightly closed. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not breathe vapour. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately
|VOC level||No VOC level recorded|
|Drying time||1-2 h|
|Application method||Cloth or sponge|
|Recoat time||2 hours|