Join B&Q Club today for 10% off thousands of products! Already a member? Don't forget to enter your Club card number at checkout. Hurry, ends Monday!
See more Wood preservatives & treatments
Rustins Wood Hardener for Rotted Wood - 250ml
Sold & shipped by Rustins Limited
A solvent-based moisture-curing polymer solution designed to penetrate deeply and harden rotten or decayed wood. Once fully dried, it strengthens and reinforces the deteriorated wood to support the use of wood filler and provide a seal against further moisture penetration. Suitable for interior and exterior use. Rustins Wood Hardener extends the life of rotted wood, therefore being a cost effective alternative to wood replacement. Available in sizes : 250ml & 500ml
- Wood Hardening
- Suitable for Decayed wood
- Remove loose, decayed or very soft wood until a fairly sound base is exposed. Rustins Wood Hardener is moisture-hardened, however the wood should be reasonably dry and free from grease, dirt and oil.
- Shake well before use. Apply liberally by brush, saturating the wood. Wait until each coat has been absorbed by the wood and reapply. Ideally this should be done as a continuous process for maximum penetration depending on the absorbency of the wood. Continue with repeated applications until a surface film is formed.
- Guarantee - Statutory
Features and benefits
Suitable for interior and exterior use. Optimises the service life of a rotten wood repair and is a cost-effective alternative to joinery replacement. Can dry in 2 hours to allow rapid completion of repair work.
- Strengthens and reinforces deteriorated wood
- Extends the life of rotted wood
- Provides a seal against further moisture penetration
- Cost-effective alternative to joinery replacement
- For Interior and exterior use
|Location||Interior & exterior|
|Recoat time||5 minutes|
|VOC level||Very high|
|Legal information||Flammable. Irritant. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wear protective gloves and eye protection. In case of contact with eyes, immediately rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention. After contact with skin, wash immediately with soap and water or a suitable skin cleanser. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid ignition sources. Do not inhale vapour.|