See more Test equipment & detectors
SKIP20PP -STANLEY S300 FATMAX WOOD&META
This cordless fatmax stud sensor is specially designed for detection of wood and metal studs as well as live wiring.
Features and benefits
- Wood or Metal Studs Up to 1-1/2” (38 mm) through drywall
- Live AC Wires (120 volts AC) Up to 2” (50 mm) through drywall
- Fully featured model with backlit LCD for easy reading in low light conditions. Includes scan mode for precise detection up to 75mm. LED light.
- Operating Temperature (-0°C to +49°C) Surface Temperature (-20°C to +66°C)
- Measuring accuracy: Wood ±1/8” (3 mm) / Metal ±1/4” (6 mm)
- Deep metal scan senses metal through up to 3" of material
Do not buy this if you want to find wooden studs.
ChromeOrange - 3 years ago
It is utterly useless. I bought this to find wooden studs in a plasterboard wall. It found them, I drilled in to nothing but plaster board, no stud. Total waste of money.
impulse - 3 years ago
This is one of the worst product I have ever bought:
- The calibration process simply doesn't work. The unit will tell you that ether the entire wall is electrified or that none of it is.
- The manual is worse than useless - just a collection of meaningless pictures (literally no words in it)
- As a minor point, it is uncomfortable to hold.
Save yourself 40 quid and buy a blindfold and pencil instead. You will be no worse off than if you used this tool.
Very, very poor.
Mik46 - 3 years ago
I have a stud and cable detector which is about fifteen years old and decided to replace it with what should have been something very much better. I feel that this product is almost a complete waste of time and money. I have persevered with it and agree that you do have to learn a technique to get results from it. I still have no confidence in this tool and always use my ancient detector which consistently produces a better result. I would never recommend this product to anyone. B&Q should in my opinion refuse to stock it.
Cheekywheels - 4 years ago
We bought this as it was the only one in store that detected pipes as well electrics. All it did was squeal and turn off. Instructions were poor so we watched the video and it looked so simple to use yet ours didn't do anything like what the video showed. Absolutely awful so returned it for a refund.
LJ78 - 4 years ago
I bought this to replace a cheap no-name stud detector that I had had for 25 years or more. Unfortunately, not using it frequently, the batteries got left in and leaked. I bought a Stanley because I considered it a good make. I was very disappointed. It failed to locate studs reliably and reported electricity continuously. I returned the unit and got a refund.